Gaddeborg
Topic Author

The Well of Adventure - Adventure site, Village

Tue 11 Dec 2018, 00:13

THE WELL OF ADVENTURE

Adventurer you say? You will not survive for long alone! But there is a place for those like you - a well in a small town where travellers have met since ancient times. During the time of the Blood Mist, people drank from the well before a journey. It was said that the water of the well gave luck on the way, and protection from the Blood Mist. Now Vanna’s Well has become a meeting place for adventurers on their way out into the Forbidden Lands. At Springturn ever since the fog lifted, adventurers have gathered there without knowing each other before, and pulled out in a joint company. The idea is that you should drink together from the water of the well,  fill your water skins, and then let your feet carry you to wherever fate takes you! They call it the Well of Adventure. Exciting, isn’t it?

The Well of Adventure is an adventure site for newly made PC:s to meet in. I have written it for my gaming group, but hope that it could be useful for others as well. Also, in an ongoing campaign, there is still a few mysteries and dangers to be encountered for seasoned adventurers. 

The adventure site is translated from Swedish using Google Translate and then fixed up some. It worked pretty good, but there were a few hiccups. Among other things, “rostbröder” and “orcher” (Rust Brothers and orcs) were translated to “Rose brothers” and “orchids”, giving the adventure site a sort of flowery theme. If you during your reading find any grave spelling or grammar abnormalities, incomprehensible passages or botanical adversaries, please let me know and I’ll fix it. 

Google drive: The Well of Adventure

The1TrueFredrix

Re: The Well of Adventure - Adventure site, Village

Tue 11 Dec 2018, 00:53

I like it. 
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

Toneturbo

Fri 14 Dec 2018, 05:07

I like it also.  Nice work!  Thank you for posting it!

Gaddeborg
Topic Author

Fri 14 Dec 2018, 17:33

Thank you!

lupex

Sat 15 Dec 2018, 00:38

This is awesome, well done and thanks.
YZE Bestiary - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/320924/The-Servants-of-Memory

My Blog - https://is-it-a-monster.blogspot.com/

Instant Session - https://perchance.org/fl-session-generator

Monsters - https://perchance.org/fl-monster-generator

jsgoodbar

Mon 31 Dec 2018, 16:45

Adventure site worked great. I used it as the first village our group came upon. Trina and Vole are now NPCs that are traveling with our group. Though Selorus was murdered in a botched burglary job by our groups rogue. He managed to kill him quietly and dispose of the body. Everyone thinks he was kidnapped by the slavers.

Gaddeborg
Topic Author

Tue 01 Jan 2019, 14:25

Haha, poor Selorus. Did the rogue pick up on him being a stingy fellow, figuring he had a hoard? 

Did your PC:s otherwise clash with the slavers, or how did they play it?

Bud

Tue 08 Jan 2019, 07:20

This is a great little adventure site, thank you for posting it!
I wish I had some 17 x 22 cm paper to print FL stuff onto!

jsgoodbar

Thu 10 Jan 2019, 22:05

Here is a more detailed explanation of what happened:

My group consists of a rogue, a hunter, and a minstrel. They fell for the trap of the slavers but ran away during the ambush. Our Rogue had the initiative and charged Braldyr. Braldyr went prone to avoid the attack. Our minstrel then charged him as well and stabbed him through his bicep with his short sword while he was prone. This created an opening and my group split up to lose the slavers pursuing them. The two unnamed slavers chased the rogue back to town and the villagers witnessed a battle between our rogue and the two unnamed slavers. The rogue got bashed over the head with a club and went down but not dead. The villagers then killed one and chased off the other. Our minstrel managed to run from Fraksa and Sterfar, and lead them into the swamp. He took an arrow in the shoulder from Fraksa but managed to kill Sterfar and take Fraksa captive in an ambush involving quicksand. Braldyr and Grimhilde chased our Hunter through the woods but he lost them across a river. He had a higher move skill and they just couldn't keep up. (I plan on using the surviving slavers as reoccurring villains.)  

Selorus decided to demand a donation for the rescue of our rogue and for the trouble he brought to the village. This angered the rogue so he decided that Selorus must have a hidden stash due to his love of money. Our hunter and minstrel then returned to the village with Fraksa in tow. The minstrel enjoys treating the tied up and gagged Fraksa as if he is courting her. He treats her relatively well, talks to her, and sings to her as if she is responding to his conversations. Our minstrel came up with a plan to distract the villagers with a lute concert/party while the rogue snuck into Selorus' room and stole his stash. The rogue climbed up through a window into the farmhouse and went into selorus' bedroom. The minstrel failed to keep Selorus' attention and Selorus decided to go to bed. Selorus walked in on the rogue going through his room and a fight ensued. The rogue stabbed him to death, dropped his body out the window, and then dumped it in the well. The rogue then charged into the party yelling for help saying the slavers had returned and taken Selorus. Karima then organized a group of villagers armed with farming equipment and a few lent weapons from Arina to attack the slavers camp and rescue Selorus. The rogue decided to keep the murder a secret even from his other party members.

Our hunter, being the only uninjured party member, joined on the mission to save Selorus. When the group arrived at the slavers camp, it was abandoned. Karima offered to pay our group to locate Selorus. They agreed and the hunter left with Osom to track down the slavers and report back their location.

Vole was enamored by the minstrel's songs of adventure during the party and asked to join the group. He had already helped in the fight with the skeletons in the crypt at the graveyard so the group allowed him to join. The traders (from the hunted plot) just arrived in town and Trina has talked the group into helping her. The group (rogue, minstrel, Vole, and the restrained Fraksa) is currently leaving with Trina to kill the traders due to her thinking they are bounty hunters for the Rust Brothers. (my group hates the Rust Brothers due to them being mostly ailanders and worshippers of Raven). Our hunter is still out with Osom hunting for Selorus.

Gaddeborg
Topic Author

Tue 15 Jan 2019, 09:14

Thanks a lot for posting! Really fun to read how it plays.
Sounds like your players had fun with the intrigues around Selorus :)  Did you have players in separate rooms so that they for real don't know that Selorus is dead while they go out for his rescue? Or are they just good roleplayers?