9littlebees

Re: Ravens Purge and Countdown Clocks

Mon 15 Jan 2018, 18:14

Thank you for the link!

No worries! What did you think of the article?
Find it very good and intersting. I‘m using something like a calendar to keep the world around the characters evolving. But the idea to make a clock for an adventure is something I will definitely try - I‘m also a lazy GM ;)
But what I haven’t found in the article is when the GM will make the clock tick forward - as he likes? Or when the players are idle?
You should tick it when the fiction requires it (in other words, when it makes sense to you as the GM, usually between sessions), and also when the PCs roll very badly and the result of their mishap should move their enemies' plans forward.

Does that make sense?
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)

King_Kull

Tue 16 Jan 2018, 00:33

No worries! What did you think of the article?
Find it very good and intersting. I‘m using something like a calendar to keep the world around the characters evolving. But the idea to make a clock for an adventure is something I will definitely try - I‘m also a lazy GM ;)
But what I haven’t found in the article is when the GM will make the clock tick forward - as he likes? Or when the players are idle?
You should tick it when the fiction requires it (in other words, when it makes sense to you as the GM, usually between sessions), and also when the PCs roll very badly and the result of their mishap should move their enemies' plans forward.

Does that make sense?
Yes, that absolutely makes sense! :)
I am king!

Henke

Sat 10 Nov 2018, 18:04

Whats happened to the countdown-clocks? :-)
I skuggan av Trakorien - Bloggkrönika från Svavelvinter
Förbjuden Zon - Bloggkrönika från Version Noll
Spelledarens Pod - Av spelledare, för spelledare, om spelledare, samt ett och annat spelmöte

RenoGM

Sat 10 Nov 2018, 19:03

I use countdown clocks in virtually all of my games and Raven's Purge will definitely feature them. I'm even using one for the PC's stronghold to determine when their enemies will strike at their home. 

Rasmus

Sun 11 Nov 2018, 19:46

Yes, we are actually planning to have countdowns for each of the major factions in the Raven's Purge campaign.
Cant wait!
You should tick it when the fiction requires it
Agree. The best countdowns follow story elements, not time units.

Simpa

Thu 29 Nov 2018, 11:28

Hello!

As the supposed countdownclocks did not make it into the final production I would really like to have a discussion about it here. I think the concept would be really great, almost needed to get the right feeling for the campaign, but I have never used them and think more brains would do a better job in this case.

And Free Leauge, will there be any secret GM-Forum where you can discuss theses sort of things without spoil everything to anyone?

kolarius

Fri 14 Dec 2018, 03:01

I've hacked together something that could maybe be used as a starting point for a campaign.
The time is in minutes - you could use a circle with 12 sections as a clock, or even an actual clock face.

Spoilers for Raven's Purge inside!
Ravens Purge.xlsx
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
Have fun,
Peter

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 14 Dec 2018, 09:28

I've hacked together something that could maybe be used as a starting point for a campaign.
The time is in minutes - you could use a circle with 12 sections as a clock, or even an actual clock face.

Spoilers for Raven's Purge inside!

Ravens Purge.xlsx

Have fun,
Peter
Very cool. Countdown clocks is something we were planning to have in the book, but for a variety of reasons didn't make it into the book. :)
Fria Ligan