Imbolc - Solbörd/Solbirth
Vernal Equinox - Vårdag/Springdawn
Beltane - Bränne/Burntide
Midsommar/Midsummer
Lugnasadh - Röte/Rottide
Autumnal Equinox - Skördekväll/Harvest
Samhain - Korpmåne/Raventide
Nice!

Also I saw somewhere here someone asking about three moons? Well I didn't think I would encounter a need for my degree in a fantasy rpg forum; but yeah 
planetary scientist here, so if you need any info hit me up haha
Great to have an expert, but really - all you need is the Solar System Creation rules from 2300AD ;)

Astro_Val

Re: History

Sat 14 Oct 2017, 11:11

Also I saw somewhere here someone asking about three moons? Well I didn't think I would encounter a need for my degree in a fantasy rpg forum; but yeah 
Hence the forum handle :) Impressive field of studies ("it's not rocket science..." - well its close enough ; )
These are just fan-speculations (except for whatever Brior posts of course!) I dont think we have any indication on number of moons, so take it all with a freight container -load of salt
Υes! :)

Old nickname.

Thank you :D

Off course. In truth I will happily accept whatever world they produce. But its fun to theorize!

Astro_Val

Sat 14 Oct 2017, 11:15

Well I can't help myself ;) these are just some thoughts

Midvinter/Midwinter
Imbolc - Solbörd/Solbirth
Vernal Equinox - Vårdag/Springdawn
Beltane - Bränne/Burntide
Midsommar/Midsummer
Lugnasadh - Röte/Rottide
Autumnal Equinox - Skördekväll/Harvest
Samhain - Korpmåne/Raventide
Nice!

Great to have an expert, but really - all you need is the Solar System Creation rules from 2300AD ;)
I ve heard about that! Though sadly never read it or tried it.

But I must say I was impressed with how scientific and thorough GURPS Space is. Not only in rules and ideas
but in that it also contains tips in creating/writing whatever setting in whichever tone you prefer.

I highly recommend it to Sci-Fi writers even if they don't rp.

Dunhurst

Sun 15 Oct 2017, 20:56

What is the scale of the world map? For example how much area is shown from one hex?

What would be a good historical analogy for the technology level? (Late Roman Empire? Early Medieval?)

A good portion of the world-map is adjacent to the sea, presumably the same sea from which humans came to Ravenland. Do you intend to write travel mechanics for sea-faring?

Is there anything more you can reveal about the Rust Brothers? Anything in the way of appearance? I picture them as the reanimated fallen army of Zygofer's betrayal, their armour and equipment ancient and rusted with a range of greens, blues and red hues. Or am I completely off the mark?

Dunhurst

Brior
Topic Author

Mon 16 Oct 2017, 08:46

What is the scale of the world map? For example how much area is shown from one hex?
The entire map is in the ballpark of 300-400 km across.
What would be a good historical analogy for the technology level? (Late Roman Empire? Early Medieval?)
I'd say something like 1100-1200 for the human civilization, but then there's not really an historical analogy since there's no monotheism, several intelligent species exist, and also there is not a civilization as such since the parts of the land have been isolated until recently. Things are and will be added and removed in comparison.
A good portion of the world-map is adjacent to the sea, presumably the same sea from which humans came to Ravenland. Do you intend to write travel mechanics for sea-faring?
This will probably be limited to small vessels in lakes and along the coast. More might come in a future expansion.
Is there anything more you can reveal about the Rust Brothers? Anything in the way of appearance? I picture them as the reanimated fallen army of Zygofer's betrayal, their armour and equipment ancient and rusted with a range of greens, blues and red hues. Or am I completely off the mark?
Currently the Rust brothers are mostly human, often with a demonic taint, which is considered proper and in line with the prophet Zytera for the devoted. They use demonically tainted creatures and undead which they also tweak. They wear clothes in earthy red/yellow/brown/black, adorned with rusting iron details and often grotesque ceremonial masks. Rusty and smoking iron balls are used both as censers and weapons. There are genuine priests of a monk-like appearance and a fighting order. There might be changes as we develop the game.

Astro_Val

Mon 16 Oct 2017, 09:47

The entire map is in the ballpark of 300-400 km across.

This will probably be limited to small vessels in lakes and along the coast. More might come in a future expansion.
I would LOVE to see a Sea-faring map expansion where the hex-crawling (hex-sailing?) is done by the character's ships.
And instead of the fort/castle sub-system you have upgrading and upkeep for their vessel (galleon or the like)

Galvanizer

Wed 18 Oct 2017, 21:23

Hello Inhabitants of the Forbidden Lands.

Normally I am more of a forum-reader than a writer, but as I was browsing some pictures to get in the mood for mastering FL I found the Picture in the Link below. The description of the rust brothers above (besides the colours) kinda matched - so I thought I register and post it.

https://pp.vk.me/c636126/v636126254/2f4 ... 9wv2DI.jpg

Brior
Topic Author

Wed 18 Oct 2017, 21:30

Normally I am more of a forum-reader than a writer, but as I was browsing some pictures to get in the mood for mastering FL I found the Picture in the Link below. The description of the rust brothers above (besides the colours) kinda matched - so I thought I register and post it.

Hello Galvanizer and welcome!
(I hope you realize that galvanizing is heresy to the Rust Brothers, though ;-) )
Great picture and pretty much how I picture these guys. A litte more rusty colour in the clothing and a little more robish cut and we're there!

Astro_Val

Thu 19 Oct 2017, 16:53

Welcome Galvanizer!

Nice picture :D

jensanshelm

Sat 28 Oct 2017, 17:09

I love the idea of an old world where its "true" history is shrouded in the past. Where things are not black and white but a matter of perspective. And races or people act depending on their history and they have their own agenda. Classic fantasy roleplaying settings usually have the evil Orcs, the nobel and god elves etc..... Its liberating if the setting in Forbidden Lands can move away from this!