Harper

Re: Peoples and clans

Wed 04 Oct 2017, 23:00

I would love to see some lizardfolk or reptilian kin.
Lizardfolk were part of the big Swedish game that Gulliksson drew for at the time and we have some nice illustration of them by his hand, so it might happen. The big game in Sweden incidently wasn't D&D although that's what I personally started with. Here we had ”Drakar och Demoner” – ”Dragons and Demons”, which I believe was built on Chaosium BRP (others know a lot more about this than I do). This said, the races were pretty much the same.

Erzaad: Concering your comment on dwarves in the Thoughts on Kin thread, I too was a big fan of Dragon Age Origins, and think more in those terms when it comes to dwarves.
BRP came from Runequest, the 2nd ed is a classic, one of my favourite games, 

9littlebees

Wed 04 Oct 2017, 23:23

So do you want retro fantasy, then it has to be based on classical fantasy
Nope.

I feel like we can't have a normal conversation, so let's agree to disagree and move on.
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)

King_Kull

Thu 05 Oct 2017, 00:26

Lizardfolk were part of the big Swedish game that Gulliksson drew for at the time and we have some nice illustration of them by his hand, so it might happen. The big game in Sweden incidently wasn't D&D although that's what I personally started with. Here we had ”Drakar och Demoner” – ”Dragons and Demons”, which I believe was built on Chaosium BRP (others know a lot more about this than I do). This said, the races were pretty much the same.

Erzaad: Concering your comment on dwarves in the Thoughts on Kin thread, I too was a big fan of Dragon Age Origins, and think more in those terms when it comes to dwarves.
Drakar och Demoner is now Trudvang Chronicles if I recall it correctly. Another fine Swedish KS campaign :)
I am king!

Harper

Thu 05 Oct 2017, 00:29

Nope.

I feel like we can't have a normal conversation, so let's agree to disagree and move on.
Just look at the facts without bias

Jurij 1138

Thu 05 Oct 2017, 01:31

Nope.

TBH, you do come across as "somewhat" abrasive and a know-it-all.

Peter

Thu 05 Oct 2017, 06:25

Drakar och Demoner is now Trudvang Chronicles if I recall it correctly. Another fine Swedish KS campaign :)
Swedish RPG linages can be complex :) Just like Mutant, Drakar och Demoner has been relaunched with completely new settings and/or rules a bunch of times. It is very much a case of handing down the same axe having just replaced the head and handle a couple of times ;)

So Trudvang really has nothing but the name in common with the Drakar och Demoner Nils illustrated and Erik wrote an iconic campaign for
Check out my BoL heroic migration period hack - Barbarians of the Dark Ages
Kolla mitt ny-klassika BRP-derivat - Monster och Människor

King_Kull

Thu 05 Oct 2017, 08:00

Swedish RPG linages can be complex :) Just like Mutant, Drakar och Demoner has been relaunched with completely new settings and/or rules a bunch of times. It is very much a case of handing down the same axe having just replaced the head and handle a couple of times ;)

So Trudvang really has nothing but the name in common with the Drakar och Demoner Nils illustrated and Erik wrote an iconic campaign for
Ah, okay thank you for the information. The next project will be Erik‘s iconic campaign - if it’s Snowsaga ;)
I am king!

Harper

Thu 05 Oct 2017, 10:38

Nope.

Abrasive is based on how you choose to perceive things, 
I've noticed over many years of internet, those people who believe their assumptions to be fact get upset the most,
Those that are open minded and withhold judgement due to a lack of facts, never get upset with me,
As for a know it all, nope, but I do have a wide range of interests, none of them being sports or soap operas...
You could be confusing confidence for arrogance?

Harper

Thu 05 Oct 2017, 10:41

I've heard of Drakar och Demoner, didn't know about Trudvang Chronicles, looked it up and bingo, it's coming out in English, 
Cheers Kull :)

Jurij 1138

Thu 05 Oct 2017, 11:17

Abrasive is based on how you choose to perceive things, 
I've noticed over many years of internet, those people who believe their assumptions to be fact get upset the most,
Those that are open minded and withhold judgement due to a lack of facts, never get upset with me,
As for a know it all, nope, but I do have a wide range of interests, none of them being sports or soap operas...
You could be confusing confidence for arrogance?
So if you're not a know-it all, or not arrogant - why do you comment on how the world and races should be when, right from the start, you claim that no matter what, you're going to use your own setting?