Harper

Re: Which setting will you play in?

Fri 29 Sep 2017, 12:01

I think FL is like a pocket area, so you could plug in to any setting, 
Any detail would be localised to that area,
While this is true and a good idea, we do have some notions about the neighboring regions and there might be expansions eventually. Just saying.
That would make sense, as this is its own rpg, not a supplement to another, 
I will be playing this with its own system, but it will be dropped in to my D&D world, as it is more fitting from what I can tell of the game, 
That said, should this take a turn towards weird sh!t, then nope LOL
But I'm confident in this companies good taste so little worries,

Peter

Fri 29 Sep 2017, 12:19

While this is true and a good idea, we do have some notions about the neighboring regions and there might be expansions eventually. Just saying.
Now this is what we like to hear :)
Check out my BoL heroic migration period hack - Barbarians of the Dark Ages
Kolla mitt ny-klassika BRP-derivat - Monster och Människor

silverfoxdmt73

Sun 01 Oct 2017, 10:52

The new setting information released today in the KS update sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to reading more on this as the details get fleshed out. 

Jizmack

Mon 02 Oct 2017, 00:07

Although I’d prefer to run this game in its original setting, my gaming group is more into Warhammer fantasy. So, I’ll most likely end up using FL mechanics/rules to run a game in WHF setting.

King_Kull

Mon 02 Oct 2017, 00:26

Although I’d prefer to run this game in its original setting, my gaming group is more into Warhammer fantasy. So, I’ll most likely end up using FL mechanics/rules to run a game in WHF setting.
There will be a 4th Edition of WFRP this year. And Zweihänder seems a very good system for playing in the Old World. Personally I will definitely use the world of Forbidden Lands because it seems so cool and unique :)
I am king!

Harper

Mon 02 Oct 2017, 14:43

There will be a 4th Edition of WFRP this year.  And Zweihänder seems a very good system for playing in the Old World. Personally I will definitely use the world of Forbidden Lands because it seems so cool and unique :)
Agreed, I'm always on the look out for new game system (off the shelf) to use with the many fantasy setting I have, (mostly d20)
Depending on the game, I will most likely expand the setting via my first D&D setting, but with FL's rules,

9littlebees
Topic Author

Wed 04 Oct 2017, 11:06

I'm working on a pseudo-WFRP hack of the Year Zero engine, though with a lot of the WFRP names changed or filed off to avoid the notorious GW lawyers.  Nevertheless, it is my intention to make the game playable in the Old World, and to run the original Enemy Within campaign using the new rules.
Not everyone likes the d00 system, which WFRP 4E will certainly also be using, too.  I have one player who outright refuses to play both Warhammer and any game using percentile dice.  That's not to say I won't be buying the new edition on day one when it comes out.  :D
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)

King_Kull

Wed 04 Oct 2017, 13:21

I'm working on a pseudo-WFRP hack of the Year Zero engine, though with a lot of the WFRP names changed or filed off to avoid the notorious GW lawyers.  Nevertheless, it is my intention to make the game playable in the Old World, and to run the original Enemy Within campaign using the new rules.
Not everyone likes the d00 system, which WFRP 4E will certainly also be using, too.  I have one player who outright refuses to play both Warhammer and any game using percentile dice.  That's not to say I won't be buying the new edition on day one when it comes out.  :D
I own Zweihänder and I‘m hoping to see some new and good things in the 4th Edition.
I have GMed TEW multiple times and it’s easiest on of the best campaigns of all time. Once I have played it with ED. Cool experience but much work ;)
I am king!

Waezlur

Wed 04 Oct 2017, 17:44

I'm backing the game almost exclusively for the setting, along with the interesting campaign rules presented. I'm personally not convinced the core game system from Mutant will fit a fantasy setting, since I prefer game systems with more attributes and skills. In my experience roleplaying in fantasy worlds usually requires more complexity, otherwise player characters tend to end up feeling generic. I'll give the system a go of course, and see how it feels, might be you find the sweet spot! 

9littlebees
Topic Author

Wed 04 Oct 2017, 17:53

I'm backing the game almost exclusively for the setting, along with the interesting campaign rules presented. I'm personally not convinced the core game system from Mutant will fit a fantasy setting, since I prefer game systems with more attributes and skills. In my experience roleplaying in fantasy worlds usually requires more complexity, otherwise player characters tend to end up feeling generic. I'll give the system a go of course, and see how it feels, might be you find the sweet spot! 
Please expand on this in the Skill Opinions thread, you're bound to get lots of debate!
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)