differentsmoke
Topic Author

Two questions about pushing rolls

Fri 04 Jan 2019, 21:13

- Is pushing rolls in combat allowed? (I assume yes, but I want to verify)
- Do monsters get to push rolls? They seem to exist outside of the WP economy.

Fenhorn

Re: Two questions about pushing rolls

Fri 04 Jan 2019, 22:08

All skill rolls are allowed to be pushed.
Personally I don't allow a player to push a skill roll if it is pointless to so. Meaning if all you need is one X in a skill roll and you got that, I won't allow you to push because the only reason to do that would be to get WP. But this is me.

The rules say that "monster-attacks" can't be pushed. Technically a monster also have skills and could push those since it the rules doesn't say it can't. I don't push rolls for any monster or animals since they don't use WP.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

differentsmoke
Topic Author

Fri 04 Jan 2019, 23:58

Thanks! Your no-pushing-for-WP rule seems like it's truer to the spirit of the game.

I must have read that monster attack rule, but I couldn't remember. I feel the GM book is seriously lacking a cheat sheet of some sort, as some rules are spread all over the place. For instance, it took me like 15 minutes to find where the rules for NPC Willpower were explained. It seems odd that they're in a side-bar in the player's handbook, and (to the best of my knowledge) nowhere on the GM's guide.

volumen1

Wed 30 Jan 2019, 17:23

I made this exact same search last night (for NPC Willpower).  I have used some post-it page markers pointing to all of the main sections in both books, because I love the books so much.  But, now I keep the pdfs open as well on my laptop or phone and I search in there when I'm trying to find something specific (like NPC Willpower).

Regarding pushing, the book seems to say that it's fine to push even if you have a success.  But, I hear what you are saying.  I feel like the danger in pushing is just starting to make it known to my players.  They all have a bunch of attribute damage and the tent they tried to set up for camp was ripped (because of a pushed make camp roll).  And... it's only the first day.

Fenhorn

Wed 30 Jan 2019, 17:37

Tomas (FL) wrote in another post about pushing:

http://forum.frialigan.se/viewtopic.php ... ilk#p31390
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore