Eldhierta

Re: Gaining talents

Wed 05 Dec 2018, 13:17

I don't see the problem either. Stupid people are slow to learn, clever people catch on quickly. Though a case could be made for the different talents having different governing attributes that you have to roll for learning them. Might house rule that actually. So... ehm... I guess I kind of see the problem, but not as a problem but more as a design error =D

AndersP

Wed 05 Dec 2018, 13:36

I can't say that I see it as problem, just something that I don't see the point in since it takes time from more fun things in the game (and one can question why Wits would affect how easy it is to be talented in using a sword or an axe).

On the other side it is so easy to ignore (and easy to miss if you read the chapter fast), and is also easy to remove from the game withot any big consequences so as I said (wrote?) it's not really a problem for me (as long as I don't have to use that rule).

GMagnus

Thu 06 Dec 2018, 22:47

(and one can question why Wits would affect how easy it is to be talented in using a sword or an axe).
Then question no further! Combat has a whole lot to do with intellect when you learn the ropes of it. Other then churning away the movements you really need to get into your skull what to do when you opponent does this and that so on and so forth.

I'd say the system is quite solid but as all GMs SHOULD do... is change things up to the liking of you and your table.

The1TrueFredrix

Fri 07 Dec 2018, 00:50

My old fencing master used to say fencing was like chess
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/