Fenhorn
Topic Author

Healing in Combat

Mon 15 Oct 2018, 14:58

Question for FL (or anyone who like to weigh in):

Can you use the Healing/Performance skill during combat so a friend can recover from being broken?

I know that the Performance skill lets you taunt someone in combat but that is taunt, not comfort someone. In my mind that is totally different.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Rymdhamster

Re: Healing in Combat

Mon 15 Oct 2018, 15:23

I kind of like it when it's just to hectic during combat to have any chance of aiding fallen comrades. It makes sense to me, and I like that it ensure combats will have a fairly speedy end.

It does however increase the preassure on the GM to have a plan for what happens if all PCs get broken, that's preferably not "you're all dead", of course. but then I think that's always important, and it's nice when you as a GM get to put those plans into motion every once in a while =D

Eldhierta

Re: Healing in Combat

Mon 15 Oct 2018, 19:46

Question for FL (or anyone who like to weigh in):

Can you use the Healing/Performance skill during combat so a friend can recover from being broken?

I know that the Performance skill lets you taunt someone in combat but that is taunt, not comfort someone. In my mind that is totally different.
In M:Y0 it is possible to get fellow combatants out of the broken state while in combat. Tactics-wise I find it more intriguing to be able to use it in combat than to be unable to. It gives the players more choices than bashing other peoples' heads in. Also consider that there are certain critical injuries that cause the combatant to die in x rounds, so it wouldn't make sense to not be able to administer healing to save your comrade's life. My two cents.