Urzum
Topic Author

Dark points from Coriolis?

Wed 23 May 2018, 17:36

What if you use a system of dark points from Coriolis instead Willpower? How do you think this will affect the balance and the gaming system? 

Eldhierta

Re: Dark points from Coriolis?

Wed 23 May 2018, 18:57

What if you use a system of dark points from Coriolis instead Willpower? How do you think this will affect the balance and the gaming system? 
Certain mages will become unstoppable powerhouses that slaughters everyone with impunity. And how would the system be bound to the setting?

Urzum
Topic Author

Wed 23 May 2018, 20:06

Certain mages will become unstoppable powerhouses that slaughters everyone with impunity. And how would the system be bound to the setting?
To use spells, you must give GM 1 point of darkness for the Power Level. Which he can spend to flood the group with troubles. So much so that other players (and even the mage) will literally grab his hand, every time he wants to use spells
The concept of doom / fate, ominous portents, similar to Conan 2d20. I see no problems with the setting

Eldhierta

Thu 24 May 2018, 00:27

To use spells, you must give GM 1 point of darkness for the Power Level. Which he can spend to flood the group with troubles. So much so that other players (and even the mage) will literally grab his hand, every time he wants to use spells
The concept of doom / fate, ominous portents, similar to Conan 2d20. I see no problems with the setting
Alright, but I'd bet a lot of players would dislike having other players trying to decide what they should and shouldn't do. So much so that no one would play a magic user, since they'd basically be controlled by the group. I guess I just don't see it.