Klas

Blood magic spell BLOOD BOND (BLODSBAND)

Sun 11 Feb 2018, 13:05

Not sure about the English name of the spell, but it's level 2 and uses your own or the target's blood as ingredient. Anyway it says you can transfer stat points to/from the target but that the target has to be of the same kin as yourself. This is pretty limiting. How about requiring an extra WP instead?

9littlebees

Re: Blood magic spell BLOOD BOND (BLODSBAND)

Sun 11 Feb 2018, 13:35

I kind of like the limitation on this spell, and thought it was a brilliant idea - a fantasy blood transfusion.
I'm an English game designer working on Nordsaga, a career-focused dark Viking game, powered by the Year Zero engine: https://9littlebees.com

Klas

Sun 11 Feb 2018, 13:41

I guess I didn't think of it like that. Well, ok. But since magic is the grand confuser of stuff, can magic account for the in-flight change of blood type?
Our half elven spellbinder want to use it for healing purposes but can't because the other player characters are all of some other kin.

9littlebees

Sun 11 Feb 2018, 13:54

Klas wrote:
I guess I didn't think of it like that. Well, ok. But since magic is the grand confuser of stuff, can magic account for the in-flight change of blood type?
Our half elven spellbinder want to use it for healing purposes but can't because the other player characters are all of some other kin.

Hmmm, I'd argue that half-elves can take the blood of elves, humans and other half-elves. They have the blood of humans and elves running through them, after all.

If they want to give their blood to an elf or human, I'd say they should roll a number of dice equal to the number of attribute points being given, and if any 1s turn up, they make the recipient sick.

Give the recipient a critical injury "blood poisoning" and have it provide a -1 to every skill roll. Or something similar.
I'm an English game designer working on Nordsaga, a career-focused dark Viking game, powered by the Year Zero engine: https://9littlebees.com
GZIP: Off