Akkordibot
Topic Author

Module: DISRUPTOR VIRUS

Sat 07 Apr 2018, 20:39

So I completed my first session for “The Ghost in the Machine” campaign and the session was fantastic! I had my players really thinking about what it is to be a robot.

However, one of my players has the DISRUPTOR VIRUS Module. He used it during a combat encounter to disable his enemies SHOOT and ASSAULT Programs... is there a point where the robot who “contracts” the virus can regain control over those programs/modules or is it permanent? The use of the Player’s Module basically stopped me from using that enemy against them in combat. I rolled with the punches, but I’m concerned that this will be a reoccurring issue.
Is there a rule I’m missing? Or should I just come up with another solution?
If you make your robot look exactly like Albert Einstein, then the robot better be as smart as Einstein, or its user is going to feel cheated.
- Rodney Brooks

Fenhorn

Re: Module: DISRUPTOR VIRUS

Sat 07 Apr 2018, 21:38

None of my players selected that module because they didn't thought it was that good since you need to be in Arm's Length and also have physical contact. My rule for the physical contact is to hold using assault.

I have a vague memory of an early debate that this virus counts as Machine Plague (p92). When making the roll against the Virus Virulence the only bad things that happens if the virus wins is that the program stays disabled.

But since my group (and I) managed to run the entire campaign without using this module, I may be wrong about how it works.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore