gribble
Topic Author

Errata from Genlab Alpha

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 03:52

As well as the two changes called out as updates to the Mutant: Year Zero rules in Genlab Alpha (Initiative and Grappling), it seems that there is a change in the recovery rules as well.

To recover from trauma now requires one grub / water per point of damage / fatigue recovered rather than 1 ration to recover all damage / fatigue. Should this be considered an update to the Mutant: Year Zero rules as well?

Are there any other changes to the core / shared rules that haven't been explicitly called out?

Also, I noted that there seem to be two duplicate (or at least *very* similar) general talents in Genlab Alpha - Mechanic and Scrounger. Which is the correct version of the talent?

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Errata from Genlab Alpha

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 13:55

Hi!

The recovery update should have been called out as an update, we'll try to get that into the print version. There are no other changes to core rules.

We'll look into the talent issue, thanks!
Fria Ligan

Fenhorn

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 15:00

Also, please fix the contradiction of rules regarding what happen when you have four powers. This was a "bug" in the Swedish version and i saw over at G+ someone that have the English version addressing the same thing so apparently the "bug" has somehow stayed.

In short: One page say that once you have four powers, you can't get anymore and another page states that you (like mutations) can exchange them. I don't know what pages in the English rulebook this is (it is p27 and p66 in the Swedish rulebook).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

gribble
Topic Author

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 00:16

The recovery update should have been called out as an update
My apologies - it actually is called out, just in the sidebar below and not in the body of the text - I missed it there!

Happy to help - I assume it's ok to post anything further I find in this thread?

Also, is the limit of 4 mutant / animal powers new? I can't find mention of a limit in Mutant: Year Zero, but I may have just missed it in a sidebar somewhere...

gribble
Topic Author

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 00:21

Just noted another thing which probably needs some clarification (and another change). The sidebar on pg 62 states:

At the start of each session, the GM gets a number of Mutation/Feral Points to her pool equal to the total number of MP/FP that the players have combined. Note that this is a change from the Mutant: Year Zero core rules, where each NPC has individual MP.

I like the change, but it isn't clear whether this is meant to be a pool equal to the total number of MP all players have (which I think is what it's saying, but seems pretty unbalancing towards the GM), or a pool equal to the number of MP the players gain at the start of the session?

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 09:56

Good point, it should be clarified. But yes, it does mean what you think. The idea behind it is to encourage players to use their MP and not hoard them.
Fria Ligan

gribble
Topic Author

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 11:14

Cool, thanks! If I find anything else I'll post it here, unless you have a central location elsewhere to collect potential errata?

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 11:47

Actually, please email everything you find to info@frialigan.se. Thanks! :)
Fria Ligan

gribble
Topic Author

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:06

OK, will do!

Crosbie71

Sat 08 Apr 2017, 20:33

As well as the two changes called out as updates to the Mutant: Year Zero rules in Genlab Alpha (Initiative and Grappling), it seems that there is a change in the recovery rules as well.

To recover from trauma now requires one grub / water per point of damage / fatigue recovered rather than 1 ration to recover all damage / fatigue. Should this be considered an update to the Mutant: Year Zero rules as well?

Are there any other changes to the core / shared rules that haven't been explicitly called out?

Also, I noted that there seem to be two duplicate (or at least *very* similar) general talents in Genlab Alpha - Mechanic and Scrounger. Which is the correct version of the talent?
In my copy of the book, there are two almost (but not quite) identical Talents, both called 'Mechanic'. On p78, there's a reference to a 'Mechanics' (with an -s) to be found on p58 -- but the Talent to be found there is the first 'Mechanic'.

Should one one these be 'Mechanics' and the other 'Mechanic'? Or should there be a different name for one?

'Scrounger' appears to be a scavenger's special Talent, quite different from the two 'Mechanic's.