nerdvana
Topic Author

Birds and Pigs and other animals

Sun 22 Apr 2018, 21:29

In the trailer for Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden there is a duck and a pig... do we know when we'll have rules those?

Byrax

Re: Birds and Pigs and other animals

Tue 08 May 2018, 14:56

Hopefully in a zone sector combining all settings, released in connection with 
the computer game...

Unslain

Sun 13 May 2018, 02:02

With a bit of fiddling, it's pretty simple to build new animal mutant breeds for yourself. All you need to do, as it says in genlab, is to pick a key attribute and a selection of animal powers. A couple of powers might deserve a new name more appropriate to the animal or a small twist, should a GM want to go further.

For pigs, I'd suggest Strength for their attribute and Herbivore, Furry, Fleet Footed, Huge and Tusks (Antlers with a new name) for powers. I'd also add Burrowing personally, to allow for warthogs as part of the pig tribe.

Ducks would have Wits for their key attribute were I making them, with Small, Amphibian (not a perfect fit by name but plenty of waterfowl can do similar), Flight Response, Herbivore, Warning Call and Swimmer (just Climber renamed and applied to Move rolls in water instead of climbing).

As with any house rule, be ready to tweak bits as needed. But we added yaks and otters to our genlab campaign in this way without any balance problems.

silverfoxdmt73

Wed 17 Mar 2021, 11:54

I know this is a very old thread, but I've just been looking into getting this book and I was wondering if anyone had tried to convert a certain other mutant animal I.P. to Genlab Alpha rules?

I'd be very interested to see what other people have come up with in terms of other animal types and animal powers. Has anyone considered animals of different sizes too and the effect that could have on attributes and other abilities?

Thanks,