Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Errata from Genlab Alpha

Tue 11 Apr 2017, 15:23

As well as the two changes called out as updates to the Mutant: Year Zero rules in Genlab Alpha (Initiative and Grappling), it seems that there is a change in the recovery rules as well.

To recover from trauma now requires one grub / water per point of damage / fatigue recovered rather than 1 ration to recover all damage / fatigue. Should this be considered an update to the Mutant: Year Zero rules as well?

Are there any other changes to the core / shared rules that haven't been explicitly called out?

Also, I noted that there seem to be two duplicate (or at least *very* similar) general talents in Genlab Alpha - Mechanic and Scrounger. Which is the correct version of the talent?
In my copy of the book, there are two almost (but not quite) identical Talents, both called 'Mechanic'. On p78, there's a reference to a 'Mechanics' (with an -s) to be found on p58 -- but the Talent to be found there is the first 'Mechanic'.

Should one one these be 'Mechanics' and the other 'Mechanic'? Or should there be a different name for one?

'Scrounger' appears to be a scavenger's special Talent, quite different from the two 'Mechanic's.
Hi!
The two Mechanic talents is an error - there is only on talent with this name. We suggest you use the version on page 59. The reference to "Mechanics" on page 78 is correct - it refers to individuals with the Mechanic talent.
Fria Ligan

Crosbie71

Tue 11 Apr 2017, 22:01

Thanks for the clarification, Tomas!

Fenhorn

Tue 29 Aug 2017, 19:04

On p23 the rules say that a player can make a Force skill roll to move if they are encumbered. This is wrong, it should be the Endure skill.

(I should say that I don't own the English edition of the game. This was brought to light by people in the MYZ g+ community).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Doctor KoT

Sat 23 Jun 2018, 22:54

Sup, People.
I've got two questions about talents at "Genlab Alpha"
  1. There are two scrounger talents -- scavenger's (p. 58) and general (p. 59). Which one is NOT scrounger after all?
  2. As mentioned above, scrounger (p. 59) and mechanic talents are very similar. Which one of them is correct?
Also, what about this? It's p.24 & p.62 in english book, btw.
In short: One page say that once you have four powers, you can't get anymore and another page states that you (like mutations) can exchange them. I don't know what pages in the English rulebook this is (it is p27 and p66 in the Swedish rulebook).
Last edited by Doctor KoT on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor KoT

Fri 29 Jun 2018, 22:52

Also.
What does "Close range" suppose to mean in animal powers (p. 67) and robot abilities (p. 116 and 118)?

Fenhorn

Fri 29 Jun 2018, 23:01

Also.
What does "Close range" suppose to mean in animal powers (p. 67) and robot abilities (p. 116 and 118)?
I answered this somewhere else, but since I don't remember where ...
"Close" should be Near.

Edit: my answer "somewhere else"

http://forum.frialigan.se/viewtopic.php ... ose#p24982

Doctor KoT

Fri 29 Jun 2018, 23:07

Ah, its not in Genlab topic, thats why i didn't find it.
Thanks anyway.
P.S. Now let us wait for #14 post clarifications. :geek:

Fenhorn

Sat 30 Jun 2018, 00:36

Sup, People.
I've got two questions about talents at "Genlab Alpha"
  1. There are two scrounger talents -- scavenger's (p. 58) and general (p. 59). Which one is NOT scrounger after all?
  2. As mentioned above, scrounger (p. 59) and mechanic talents are very similar. Which one of them is correct?
Also, what about this? It's p.24 & p.62 in english book, btw.
In short: One page say that once you have four powers, you can't get anymore and another page states that you (like mutations) can exchange them. I don't know what pages in the English rulebook this is (it is p27 and p66 in the Swedish rulebook).
1) In the Modiphius forum I answered ( and Tomas) that there should be only one Scrounger (The scavenger's talent that allows you, if you so desire, to use Wits instead of Strength for carrying capacity). There is two talents for repairing things. You should use the one on page 59 because it is more comprehensive (I guess this is the one that is wrongly also called Scrounger in some books).

For the mutation question: The (newest) Swedish edition clarifies this: Each time you mutate you gain a new mutation (besides to decrease an attribute). When you drawn you fifth card, you have to discard one of the four "old" mutation you have. This means that you will always have four mutations and when you draw another mutation card, it replaces a mutation of your choice. Remember that all mutation cards are drawn from the deck, randomly (or with a d66 roll on the Mutation List table). I have vague memory that this rule have been (in earlier editions) that when you hit four mutations, you still decrease an attribute but you don't gain another mutation, but that vague memory may be wrong. But that's academic, you (now) mutate until you die.

Animal selects an animal power and when they have four, they can if they wants to, select another one (still, like the mutants, only four allowed).