Scott McFarland
Topic Author

What’s next for Coriolis?

Sat 16 Dec 2017, 13:09

We have the basic rules, which is fantastic. But my group are now clamouring for more.

Ideally we’d get a ‘monsters’ book in 2018, with a variety of adversaries and mini adventure seeds using them.

And in a perfect world we’d get an Advanced Player’s Guide with more character concepts, more talents and more mystical powers.

And in an even more perfect world a book of new Ships.

Oh and an ongoing monthly ‘adventure path‘ would be the icing on the cake.

Thoughts anyone?

silverfoxdmt73

Re: What’s next for Coriolis?

Sun 17 Dec 2017, 01:57

There is a new campaign book in the works from what I have read, Mercy of the Icons.

While I do agree that some more adversaries and ships would be good, I feel that pumping out monthly adventures would not make for the same level of mystery and atmosphere that we have had so far. Pathfinder adventures have been hit and miss in my personal opinion and I don't think that FL have the resources to produce things as quickly. Coriolis is still quite a niche product and oversaturation of products wouldn't be a good thing, again just in my opinion.

Also, the ship construction rules mean we can make our own designs too, sharing them here or on the other social media groups is a great way to help others out with ideas for new designs or by suggesting backgrounds for ships or some of the smaller factions that use them.

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 17 Dec 2017, 23:44

Hi!

I hope you have seen the Atlas Compendium and the Dying Ship scenario?

Next up is part 1 of the epic Mercy of the Icons campaign. It will be a book of 200+ pages containing three full scenarios, and a lot more. Translation is almost done and we will have more info after the holidays. :)
Fria Ligan

silverfoxdmt73

Tue 19 Dec 2017, 22:01

Hi!

I hope you have seen the Atlas Compendium and the Dying Ship scenario?

Next up is part 1 of the epic Mercy of the Icons campaign. It will be a book of 200+ pages containing three full scenarios, and a lot more. Translation is almost done and we will have more info after the holidays. :)
I've got the Icons Bundle and the other location supplements such as Aram's Ravine. I'm happy to wait for the campaign but I wonder if any of the other Swedish language adventures, like the one set at Aram's Ravine will be translated?

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 22 Dec 2017, 18:16

Of the two scenarios currently available in Swedish but not English, one will definitely be translated: Last Voyage of the Ghazali. This scenario is a prequel to Mercy of the Icons Part 1, which has already been translated and is currently being edited. Big things for Coriolis ahead! :)
Fria Ligan

kolarius

Sun 14 Jan 2018, 18:10

Hi Tomas.

Any news on when the first part of "Mercy of the Icons" will be released?

Also, how many parts are there?

Thanks,

Peter

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 14 Jan 2018, 23:45

Mercy of the Icons will most likely consist of two very meaty parts. We hope to release Part 1, called Emissary Lost, in English by this summer. More information to come!
Fria Ligan

Jeff Mindlin

Wed 17 Jan 2018, 15:54

That’s fantastic news. Campaigns and adventures are very important for me as time is short to plan my own. And whenever I have enough adventures to run s “block” at one of my clubs the other players tend to buy rulebooks and go on to fun their own games where they gm.

Scott McFarland
Topic Author

Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:43

So, any plans for Mercy of the Icons Part 2?

Basically, what’s next for this amazing game...?

King_Kull

Mon 26 Aug 2019, 07:12

Yes, I’m keen to know when we will see the KS project for the second part of Mercy of the Icons. In the past it seems to me that we should expect it this year. But now it seems that FL is occupied with Aliens. Ok, I‘m very interested in Aliens as I preordered it but I play Coriolis with my group and therefore the second campaign book is much more interesting to me. Hopefully we could read some official statement.
I am king!