Iben Stark
Topic Author

Mixtape Mysteries

Sun 14 Oct 2018, 10:46

You have gone on Spotify and made a playlist of 80's tunes. Can you turn any of the song titles into Mystery seeds?

She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
Mad scientist from the Loop is using weird science to drive men in the area crazy. Could be so they serve / worship her; could be for revenge over the glass celling or a cheating boyfriend. Bonus creepy points if she is turning them into cannibals. 

Town Called Malice - The Jam
Side effect of an experiment at the Loop is affecting people in town, they start acting bad tempered but soon it escalates and they become actively vicious. How do you shut down the experiment?

Stand and Deliver - Adam and the Ants
A malfunctioning robot has downloaded information about Dick Turpin, the Highwayman. It has taken on the persona of a "dandy highwayman" and is robbing walkers and holding up lone vehicles. 

Ghost town - The Specials
The Gravitron is affecting time and space! 
1) A ghostly town from the past or future appears. Are there people trapped in it? How long will it last before disappearing?
2) Everyone else in town has vanished. Have they been shifted out of phase or have the kids? How do you get back/ get them back?

Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran
1) Livestock and then people are being killed, their grisly remains are found. Why is there a pack of ravenous wolves stalking the area?
2) Mad scientist messes up experiment and turns himself into a werewolf.
3) Mad robot dresses up in wolf pelts and pretends it is a werewolf. 

The Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunnymen
During the full moon people are going on killing rampages. What is causing it? Are they being delibrately targeted or just victims of chance? Are some people more sensitive to effects of the Loop during the full moon? 

AlexanderTF

Re: Mixtape Mysteries

Sun 14 Oct 2018, 16:30

Well there's a few of us and the fact that its songs can be reworked into some Mystery landscape builds since they don't have to be too expansive, with a bit of work I think we can do this.

She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
Helen Sanches is a neurological scientist from the colliders medical division, after weeks of meeting Garry Mitchels an engineer she falls into depression when their relationship falls apart. Garry soon starts seeing a local girl in town witch evokes rather odd behavior from Helen she barely leaves her house and several folks have started acting odd in the past few days as the neighborhood is plagued by violent crimes.

Truth
Helen invited Garry into her lab to take a look at her project, a neurological weapon to heighten aggression levels in animals and most living creatures, Mitchels was disgusted by the idea and had a violent brake up with her calling her a madman, after witch he sought solace in the local repair shop during his brakes hanging out with the other mechanics during his off time pouring himself into work to forget her. Where he met a young woman by the name of [GM Decision, any reoccurring characters can be mixed if players are playing Landscape in episodes] they soon find common grounds and develop a relationship, witch doesn't go unnoticed by Helen. Possessed by jealousy and anger she starts working on the machine even farther to make the subjects go mad and uncontrollable, the scientist tests out her device on the local wildlife and surrounding passer by's who begin to attack the closest thing in sight. Closed off she keeps perfecting her weapon.

Hooks
1. One of the kids neighbors/friends gets attacked
2. One of the kids parents remark that they haven't seen their coworker Helen
3. One of the kids friends/relatives meets Garry
4. The players see Helen creeping around town

Countdown
1. Theirs some odd rumors about Helen's neighborhood
2. A child get attacked by someone in the evening
3. The police enforce a curfew and start patrolling the streets
4. Garry's new girlfriend disappears
5. The players pet gets violent
6. Garry is missing
7. Helen is finishing her project
8. The machine drives several subjects insane and causes them to bite and tear flesh
9. Garry breaks the machine and helps the kids corner Helen

Helen Sanches
"He's mine, how could he just leave!!!"
Helen is a 34 year old neurologist with specialization in brain altering substances and sonic neurology, she is a rather self conscious person with an obsession that everyone's judging her and having a person that she cared for and trusted betray her, drives her over the edge.

Something like this?

Nilo

Sun 14 Oct 2018, 20:46

Loving this!

Iben Stark
Topic Author

Mon 15 Oct 2018, 22:25

I am partly using this to collect mystery ideas. I was hoping others would contribute song title and mystery seeds linked to them. 

Wild Boys - Duran Duran
A group of runaway boys move into the area and are causing trouble.

Echo Beach - Martha and the Muffins
The Loop is causing time distortions and scenes from the past and future are seen at the local beach. Can what you see be used for good? Can they help you solve a mystery? 

Karbonara

Tue 16 Oct 2018, 18:32

These are great!
---------------------------------

Rollspelens andra guldålder är här!

---------------------------------
Spelutvecklare, skribent, och Fria Ligan hang-around. (Det bara blev så.)

txs1089

Mon 05 Nov 2018, 21:13

First of; these are great and I love the idea behind the concept.

Secondly; would any of you be up for creating an actual collection of "Mixtape Mysteries" that could be put out as a pdf?

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator that feels that this could be such a neat little project to put together with proper designs and what-have-you, especially since I've come to understand that TFTL has a very limited amount of community resources out there as it's relatively new.

Give me a holler if this sounds at all like something that you guys would find fun!

skurvyninja

Sun 11 Nov 2018, 02:05

I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY - WHITNEY HOUSTON
A Disco opens up in town that caters to the Late Teens crowd.  The teenagers are coming home progressively more tired when they attend, but they're not staying up any later than before.  Things become weirder when one of the players older sibling spontaneously bursts into dance in the middle of the day until collapsing from exhaustion.

TAKE ON ME - A-HA
The local weirdo gets his hands on a strange helmet that allows him to read minds.  Now they're running around telling people what others are thinking with no regard to the consequences.

DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' - JOURNEY
Strange, shadowy figures can be see in town, but only the kids seem to notice them.  The figures are seen whispering things to the adults, daring them into risky behavior.  The riskier the behavior the more satisfied the shadow figures seem to get.

owenmcg

Thu 29 Nov 2018, 00:51

These are great. Reminded me of a series of book cover illustrations that Butcher Billy did:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/5125267 ... cher-Billy