LÖWE
Topic Author

Some thoughts after reading the book...

Sat 06 May 2017, 08:54

Hi,

I think this book is so full of atmosphere and beutiful in its layout...cant wait to try the game out which will happen tonight as our gamegroup will start their island-mysterytour...this is certainly the most interesting rpg-product I have seen in years...

But I have some questions regarding some places in the book and hopefully someone can give me an answer:

- As decribed in the backround FOAs reasearch facility is located at Sätra on Munsjö...on the map no such place exists...there is a Sätra on Adelsö...is this a misprint and is FOA located on Munsjö next to the juvenile corrections facility on Sätra Adelsö..?

- On the map there are are markings named "personaltransport"... are these ferries, magnetrintransports, tunnels or what..?

- Also on the map are markins of "västport", "sydport" etc...what are these..? 

I know I can solve these things as a GM myself but dont want to if these these will be described in future supplements since it will bring inconsistence into this beutiful and dark world of the loop...

Thanks,

// LÖWE

Karbonara

Re: Some thoughts after reading the book...

Sat 06 May 2017, 12:39

- As decribed in the backround FOAs reasearch facility is located at Sätra on Munsjö...on the map no such place exists...there is a Sätra on Adelsö...is this a misprint and is FOA located on Munsjö next to the juvenile corrections facility on Sätra Adelsö..?
The RPG-version of the map don't have the location written, but it exists in the first art book.
I think you can have some of the research going on out on Adelsö, but the mark for "FOI Sätraanläggningen" is on Munsö, by the green patch on the west side of the island, right below the Bona reactor cooling towers. Essentially in the area left of "U N S" in the "MUNSÖ" name on the map.  (FOI is actually an error on that map. During the 80s it was named FOA, and it later changed name to FOI).

When I've played, I've essentially allowed FOA to take the west coast between SOuth Gate 5D and the cooling towers - anything to the left of the MUNSÖ text.
- On the map there are are markings named "personaltransport"... are these ferries, magnetrintransports, tunnels or what..?
These should be tunnels, since they aren't just across the water, but actually connects the Gate Entrances to the accelerators and the core reactor facility.
http://lilithahex.tarotguiderna.se/wp-c ... vertar.jpg
http://www.clinicalinnovation.se/blog/w ... MG6235.jpg
Probably made for small vehicles to be able to drive between the stations.

I think you can freely make parts of these stretches run small transports on rails, or even magnetrine transports.
I think I will keep them low-tech, damp and mysterious :)
- Also on the map are markins of "västport", "sydport" etc...what are these..? 
Entrances to the facility. Service entrances mostly, but the areas are under surveillance, are guarded, and most likely fenced off with "No trespassing – property of Riksenergi" signs.
But there is, of course, always a hole in the fence somewhere...
---------------------------------

Rollspelens andra guldålder är här!

---------------------------------
Spelutvecklare, skribent, och Fria Ligan hang-around. (Det bara blev så.)

LÖWE
Topic Author

Re: Some thoughts after reading the book...

Sat 06 May 2017, 15:33

Thanks for the answer...will look at the artbook map more closely...

I heard rumours abot some kind of expansion or mysterybook...do you know if this is true..?

// LÖWE