Jeff Mindlin
Topic Author

Links between islands.

Tue 02 May 2017, 00:20

Is it just boats? Are there any road bridges or tunnels? What are the "service tunnels?"
Thanks

Björn Hellqvist

Re: Links between islands.

Tue 02 May 2017, 19:38

Mälar Islands map

The legend is pretty clear. The only bridge connection is in the SE corner. Please not that the distance ruler is off; it should be 2.3 km, not 5 km.
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land.

Jurij 1138

Wed 03 May 2017, 20:26

Is it just boats? Are there any road bridges or tunnels? What are the "service tunnels?"
Thanks
Both Ekerö/Munsö and Svartsjölandet are connected to the mainland by way of bridges, and Adelsö through a tunnel from Munsö.
Ferry lines extend from Munsö towards the north east, and the west.
Below: Typical Swedish ferry (this one stationed on Ekerö).

Jeff Mindlin
Topic Author

Fri 02 Jun 2017, 01:31

Thanks so much - that's really helpful. It's pretty difficult to work out/envisage this info with no knowledge of the real environment. Google maps has very little.

Jeff Mindlin
Topic Author

Tue 13 Jun 2017, 16:46

Plus the map is still confusing and I don't find it's annotations at all clear despite comments above. There seem to be "transport tunnels" to Alholmen, Davenso and off to the north. But what is a transport tunnel? A road tunnel for cars? The road tunnel from Munso to Adelso is different, thicker red line, clearly a continuation of the road.
Service tunnels radiate from the loop so are for access to the facility.
My players will ask !

Björn Hellqvist

Tue 13 Jun 2017, 20:42

The transport tunnels are used for the maintenance of the three particle accelerators. They radiate from the Bona reactor, but there are access points scattered over the islands (the hatches are locked with code locks), and then there are the north, west, south and east gates.

ETA: The service tunnels are also accessed from buildings that look somewhat odd (p. 70 in the art book).

In the tunnels, a narrow-gauge railway allows for transport of materiel and personnel. The tunnels allow for vehicles like the "Sätuna Spiders" (p. 90-91 in the art book), at least in some sections.

The public roads on Munsö and Adelsö are connected by a ferry (see pic in a post above), and not a tunnel. https://www.google.se/maps/@59.3876841, ... !1e3?hl=en
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land.

Jeff Mindlin
Topic Author

Sun 18 Jun 2017, 01:43

Ah. Thanks. Got it now. That google image is very useful. Not sure why I couldn't find it when I looked!

Thanks again.

Afet

Thu 13 Jul 2017, 23:40

It would be great to have a version of the map in the book that does not have the restricted information about tunnels etc., like one you might have purchased at a petrol station in the 80s. Such a map, could be given to players to help them orient themselves. 
"Siempre imaginé que el paraíso sería algún tipo de biblioteca". - Jorge Luis Borges