Afet
Topic Author

Pregenerated Kids?

Tue 27 Dec 2016, 05:07

Hello, everyone.
I've been reading through the Alpha pdf and I would love to run an introductory adventure for some friends. I was thinking it would be fun and helpful for first time players to use pregenerated Kids with inter-relationships already worked out, so they could just sit down and play. Then, once they understand the mechanics, and assuming they wish to continue, they could, if they wish, generate their own Kids.

Does anyone know if such pregenerated Kids exist?
Cheers,
Afet
"Siempre imaginé que el paraíso sería algún tipo de biblioteca". - Jorge Luis Borges

Jynk

Re: Pregenerated Kids?

Tue 27 Dec 2016, 05:27

I think it might be something they will be adding. The character creation seems pretty easy to do. If all else fails, someone on this forum might be willing to whip up a few pregenerated kids.
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski

pelorus

Tue 27 Dec 2016, 15:15

I've a three episode campaign in the working. 
--
Have a look at "Nor Gloom Of Night" for T2K4 (A post-apocalyptic setting of hope)
CZTERY - 4 Mystery Scenarios for T2K4
Twilight Tangents - psychics and zombies for T2k4
http://www.lategaming.com/buy-the-books/

Nilo

Fri 30 Dec 2016, 11:45

There will be four pre-created Kids in the appendix, wit relationships to each other (the four Kids in the examples).

Crosbie71

Wed 05 Apr 2017, 08:52

There will be four pre-created Kids in the appendix, wit relationships to each other (the four Kids in the examples).
Except this doesn't seem to have happened in the final PDF...

Afet
Topic Author

Wed 05 Apr 2017, 18:08

I noticed that too. I'd like to run some one-off adventures in our local gaming store, so it would be really great to have those promised pregens.
"Siempre imaginé que el paraíso sería algún tipo de biblioteca". - Jorge Luis Borges

Tomas
Site Admin

Wed 05 Apr 2017, 19:53

I noticed that too. I'd like to run some one-off adventures in our local gaming store, so it would be really great to have those promised pregens.
Hi,
Yes, we decided to cut the pregens from the game as we felt the space was better used for other things. However, we should be able to supply them as PDFs. Stay tuned!
That said, character generation is really fast in this game, and creating characters together is a great way to kick off a session.
Fria Ligan

Afet
Topic Author

Wed 05 Apr 2017, 22:09

Hi,
Yes, we decided to cut the pregens from the game as we felt the space was better used for other things. However, we should be able to supply them as PDFs. Stay tuned!
That said, character generation is really fast in this game, and creating characters together is a great way to kick off a session.
Thank for the response, Tomas. The mechanical part of character generation is definitely quick, but the interrelations between characters takes significantly longer. If I were beginning a more long-term campaign, I would definitely do that part in a collaborative way with the players. But I´m hoping to run an in-store one-off with a limited amount of time. So having all of that done and ready to go would be very helpful. I look forward to those pdfs becoming available. Thanks again for the great game!

Brutalkasperl

Thu 18 May 2017, 22:30

I've did five pregen kids for a introduction session of TFTL in a gamestore nearby on saturday. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6UA6Y ... sp=sharing

have fun. 

Afet
Topic Author

Thu 18 May 2017, 22:47

I've did five pregen kids for a introduction session of TFTL in a gamestore nearby on saturday. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6UA6Y ... sp=sharing

have fun. 
Thanks for these, Brutalkasperl.  Did you pregenerate relationships between the Kids?