aka_fatman
Topic Author

Re: Soundtrack From The Loop

Sun 11 Dec 2016, 09:11

Its so much synth soundtracs from non existing bad 80 movies on bandcam. Take a listen to all the retro gemes.
https://bandcamp.com/tag/80%27s?artist=2744611149

There will definitive be lots off music from this list on my gamenights :)
Holy Heck! There's so much music for non-existing 80's movies. What an amazing world we all live in. Ha ha ha

Björn Hellqvist

Sun 11 Dec 2016, 13:16

As the score for "Stranger Things" was influenced by soundtracks like John Carpenter's music for his movie "Escape From New York" (1981), why not use that?
The Philip Glass soundtrack for the movie "Koyaanisqatsi" (1982) is eerie... (There are some choral parts that might be distracting, though.)
The OST for "The Shining" (1980) is creepy, too.
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land.

ysarius

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 02:31

I will follow this topic for soundtracks backgrounds ! If there is some spotify links, please do give them ! ;)

aka_fatman
Topic Author

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 03:43

I will follow this topic for soundtracks backgrounds ! If there is some spotify links, please do give them ! ;)
There was a whole BUNCH of suggestions on the Kickstarter chat but the dialogue never migrated to the Fria Ligan forum, unfortunately.

I've been busy with work (two jobs) and life but I'll try to sift through the KS blabber and get some sort of a list on here.

ysarius

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 06:18

By the way, if there is possibility for sounds inspired by Tales from the Loop, it could be great ! For example (p10 of the book : Yeah...I just started to read the book ;) ), there is this sound from the cooling towers at Bona (considering it still exists in the time of the game)

joth1006

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 18:44

One of the stretch goals in the campaign was music by Simon Stålenhag - I'm hoping that it was he who did the music for the trailer, because that's exactly what I want for this game!

cwilsontrull

Sun 18 Dec 2016, 06:57

I plan on running a campaign around songs inspired by a band I listened to during the 80s and one album in particular, Shriekback's Oil and Gold. The songs Nemesis and Fish Below the Ice conjure up some nice dark ideas to run some people through.  

aka_fatman
Topic Author

Sun 18 Dec 2016, 07:43

I plan on running a campaign around songs inspired by a band I listened to during the 80s and one album in particular, Shriekback's Oil and Gold. The songs Nemesis and Fish Below the Ice conjure up some nice dark ideas to run some people through.  
Well, let's brainstorm some ideas based solely on the song titles.

Nemesis - A shy, new kid to the school (a Weirdo) swiftly becomes a target of the bully group. They torment the boy who spends his days drawing pictures of a grotesque robot he names 'Nemesis'. Things start to take an ominous turn when the youngest bully swears that he saw the glowing, red eyes of the Nemesis. Is the clock ticking before the bullies meet a horrible fate? Is the shy child all he appears to be? And how do the PC's react to the situation?

Fish Below The Ice - A school outing to visit the local fishermen seems like a great way to spend an afternoon of listening to old men yammer on about their jobs and to goof off with your school buddies on a boat. However, the fishing boat is deserted. There is no sign of struggle and the pot of coffee is still brewing. What could have happened so suddenly that it made a crew of fishermen disappear in an instant? And how does it relate to the sightings of strange fish in the region?

ysarius

Sun 18 Dec 2016, 21:47

This music and maybe the others :

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=4YJsCQOJJDA

Jynk

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 12:47

Aside from the music Simon Stålenhag is providing and soundtracks from movies from the 80s, I will probably be making use of Syrinscape for ambient noises (like forest sounds or towns) to mix in with the music. I usually just stick to music for my game group, but I love occasionally scaring them with a monster's growl or the sound of a tree breaking apart to become a creature. Hoping to be able to keep that for TftLoop since it helps the immersion.
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski