Territan
Topic Author

Do I have Extended Trouble right...?

Wed 23 May 2018, 07:50

It looks like every Kid rolls once, adding dice for attribute, corresponding skill, and items they may have in their possession.

They get to reroll all the dice that failed by spending a Luck Point, once per test.

And after that, if they have at least half the successes they need to pass the Extended Trouble, they can suffer Conditions for free successes.

Do I have that right?

Also, using Lead to build a dice pool for the other kids instead of contributing successes to the Extended Trouble seems counter-productive, like the leader's time would be better spent doing things instead of leading.

Toast

Re: Do I have Extended Trouble right...?

Thu 24 May 2018, 10:13

I think so, with the exception that the players can use both Luck and Push their rolls. Is it worth to spend a condition now for the chance of more successes?

Territan
Topic Author

Tue 29 May 2018, 17:20

Now I'm looking at this and thinking about strategy.

For any given roll they can both spend Luck and Push (thereby taking a Condition) to reroll the failures in their dice pool. Each die rolled this way has a 1 in 6 chance of becoming a success.

But then, as part of the Extended Test, they can trade Conditions for successes, one for one. Depending how many dice they have to roll, and how many Conditions they've already taken on the way to the climax, this might be a better deal than using the Push.

Toast

Mon 04 Jun 2018, 13:50

Absolutely, its about risk and reward. Will they gamble?