Jynk

Re: Conditions

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 13:15

Hi!

Sorry for the slow reply. Yes, -1 means rolling one less die.
Good to know. Kids could theoretically still succeed then on some rolls (unless they have the broken condition), right? Is there a mechanic in place to allow for limited healing of conditions in the field without going to the hideout or to anchors?
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 29 Dec 2016, 01:07

Hi!

Sorry for the slow reply. Yes, -1 means rolling one less die.
Good to know. Kids could theoretically still succeed then on some rolls (unless they have the broken condition), right? Is there a mechanic in place to allow for limited healing of conditions in the field without going to the hideout or to anchors?
Not really - the idea is that you need to go back home (to your Anchor) or to the Kids' hideout when you have suffered several Conditions, to avoid being Broken. This gives the story pacing.
Fria Ligan

Karbonara

Thu 12 Jan 2017, 17:20

You can also spend a acene with another kid who rolls for Lead. That removes ONE condition.

On dice.
Since the engine don't care about the numbers on the dice, only that each dice have 1 of 6 chance of success, any reference to + OR - is always dice pool adjustments.

Then there's the question of what happens if I have 2 in an attribute, 0 in skill and 2 conditions (but is not broken):
- Do we run coriolis rules (roll full score, and then roll again - successes on second roll cancels successes in first roll)?
- or can you then not roll?
- or can you roll with one dice, but it automatically counts as a pushed roll?
- or something else?
---------------------------------

Rollspelens andra guldålder är här!

---------------------------------
Spelutvecklare, skribent, och Fria Ligan hang-around. (Det bara blev så.)

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 13 Jan 2017, 13:28

You can also spend a acene with another kid who rolls for Lead. That removes ONE condition.

On dice.
Since the engine don't care about the numbers on the dice, only that each dice have 1 of 6 chance of success, any reference to + OR - is always dice pool adjustments.

Then there's the question of what happens if I have 2 in an attribute, 0 in skill and 2 conditions (but is not broken):
- Do we run coriolis rules (roll full score, and then roll again - successes on second roll cancels successes in first roll)?
- or can you then not roll?
- or can you roll with one dice, but it automatically counts as a pushed roll?
- or something else?
Indeed, you can also hela conditions using Lead, forgot that in my last post. :)
You always get to roll at least one die. I think it's mentioned somewhere in the rules - if not, we'll add it!
Fria Ligan

Batoniaan

Wed 23 Aug 2017, 20:51

Hi,

I'm new here and I'd like to ask folks about recovering from Conditions.
The Rulebook states that you have to spend a scene with your anchor to eliminate all Conditions.
That means (in a 4-player game i.e.) 4 additinal scene, one for every character who want be healed.
In our party we have very restricted amount of time to roleplaying. 
(That's why we prefer short sessions like episodes of a TV serials.) Additional solo-scenes only for recovering are too much to play.
However as a GM I could collect every related anchor in a scene but it's seems so far-fetched. 

Any idea?

Thx in advance

Nilo

Thu 24 Aug 2017, 20:09

They could all meet up in the Hideout and heal all conditions in one scene. Or they could use Lead. Or they could go on without healing. The scenes with the anchor don't need to be long. They are there to show a little more of the Kids. Make them short, if you want to.