Harper

Re: Weapons

Sun 17 Sep 2017, 00:03

From the UK i remember 

Potato gun, small piece of spud to the eye ball was always a fear.
Lawn darts, what looney thought those up !
Catapult, the legendary blackwidow lol......
Golf ball, hard as adamantium 
I had an compound bow when I was a kid, and a hatchet, Swiss Army knife, (in the good old days when it wasn't illegal to carry to school, even teachers use to ask me to use it)
I was also trusted with a range of Bowie knives, not mine I add, I was a trustworthy kid, 
So not so far fetched...
btw, first post on this forum, amazing game, only just started reading it, 

mocece

Mon 09 Oct 2017, 13:07

Hi every body
just a very quick question. Which kind of attribute (and skill) should I applicate in order to determine the total amount of dice to roll when i use a gun?  I mean, with a metal rod (for example) is pretty much easy, but I can not use body--force with a rifle, I am wrong?

shincan

Wed 18 Oct 2017, 20:57

Hiya, Loopers.
I am new to the game. I've read the rules, of course, and I intend to run my first Mystery this weekend. But I've been thinking about the above question regarding guns. Which skill makes sense? Force doesn't seem right. I'm tempted to use either:
Move (plus Body), as firing a gun seems like a dexterity, finesse, aim action involving hand-eye coordination and timing. 
OR
Move (plus Mind) if the shot is done carefully and with specific regard to finding a weakness/pulling the trigger at just the right moment, at the right angle, etc. I do realize that this is not how most rolls are supposed to go.
Neither one may be what the designers intended, but those make sense to me mechanically....though gun use is not a big part of what may happen in my Mystery.  Also, I've never fired a gun before, so this is all speculative on my part.
Hope this makes sense...

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 19 Oct 2017, 20:21

Hi! Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. :)

As for the question - as you say, firing guns is not really central to the game and the fact that there is no skill for it is intentional - kids in the age of the characters in this game would generally not be trained marksmen. I would probably have a Kid firing a gun roll for just Body, without a skill.
Fria Ligan

shincan

Fri 20 Oct 2017, 14:55

Hi! Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. :)

As for the question - as you say, firing guns is not really central to the game and the fact that there is no skill for it is intentional - kids in the age of the characters in this game would generally not be trained marksmen. I would probably have a Kid firing a gun roll for just Body, without a skill.
Tomas, thank you for the welcome! 
That makes sense--why employ a skill if/when the kids are not skilled in it?