blaster219

Re: Classes

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 14:15

How about a "Key Skill" that works in a similar way to the Key Attribute allowing you to start with a skill at 4 instead of 3.

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 29 Dec 2016, 01:16

How about a "Key Skill" that works in a similar way to the Key Attribute allowing you to start with a skill at 4 instead of 3.
Actually, we are currently planning to leave the attributes free and replace the key attribute with 2 or 3 key skills for each Type. To create some more variety.
Fria Ligan

Jynk

Sat 31 Dec 2016, 10:20

The book says that there can only be one of each type of kid. Is that a hard rule or is there some wiggle room there? Sure Stand By Me and The Explorers had one of each (more less), but The Goonies and Stranger Things had multiple kids of the same type in them. Is there a significance to only one of each type in the group or is that to try and spread out the types amongst the group more?
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski

Tomas
Site Admin

Sat 31 Dec 2016, 14:57

The book says that there can only be one of each type of kid. Is that a hard rule or is there some wiggle room there? Sure Stand By Me and The Explorers had one of each (more less), but The Goonies and Stranger Things had multiple kids of the same type in them. Is there a significance to only one of each type in the group or is that to try and spread out the types amongst the group more?
I'd say it's more a recommendation than a hard rule.
Fria Ligan

Jynk

Sat 31 Dec 2016, 15:03

That seems fair. It's easier to see similar types in the same group with one or two other types than all of them be one of each.
What about Kids that fall into two types? Is that doable as well? Take Teddy from Stand By Me for instance. He's kind of a Weirdo, but he's also a Troublemaker. If one were to make a character like him, would he be one type or the other for sake of the game mechanics, or would there be away to make a hybrid class? Is that something we might see in the expansion?
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski

Countdowner

Wed 11 Jan 2017, 15:23

Hi, I have a question. I am currently reading the "Questions to the group" section. What's the difference between "Who in the group has the most to say?" and "Who is the leader?" ?? Normally the leader has to say the most.

Tomas
Site Admin

Wed 11 Jan 2017, 15:34

Hi, I have a question. I am currently reading the "Questions to the group" section. What's the difference between "Who in the group has the most to say?" and "Who is the leader?" ?? Normally the leader has to say the most.
Well, sometimes the leader can be the one who says little but when he/she speaks, everyone listens. :)
Fria Ligan

Karbonara

Thu 12 Jan 2017, 08:29

Actually, we are currently planning to leave the attributes free and replace the key attribute with 2 or 3 key skills for each Type. To create some more variety.
Aha. So the Swedish rules are the most correct atm?
So, can a kid then have any ONE attribute at 5, and then they have their 3 "well-trained" skills to up to 3, and any other skill up to 1?

I ran with key attribute AND well-trained skills for my first group of players.
Will run with these rules instead for the second group then (January 22).
---------------------------------

Rollspelens andra guldålder är här!

Spelutvecklare, skribent, och Fria Ligan hang-around. (Det bara blev så.)

Karbonara

Thu 12 Jan 2017, 08:43

Quick question regarding max bonus.

There sometimes references to a "max +3 bonus limit" for skill rolls. What is included and excluded in that?
  • Base roll
  • Item (+1 to +3)
  • Assist (+ num of rolled 6s)
  • Info (+1 to +3)
  • Helping NPC (+1 to +3)
  • Bonus success (from another kid's extra success to some skills)
  • Lead-skill dice pool
1) If I roll my base skill, using an iconic item and get one assist dice from another kid – can I then get info bonus or extra succeses from another kid's previous roll?
2) If I use a +2 from information gained, can I then add +2 from an NPC?
3) With the Lead skill's dice pool giving up to 6 dice – can I use only up to 3 of them, or all?

I'm thinking this makes sense to me:
Attribute+Skill (max 5+5), +Item/Info/NPC (max +3), +Assist/DicePool/Bonuses (max +3) = maximum total of 16 dice
Or perhaps it's better to say that the limit from any ONE source (except attribute/skill) is +3, and the total bonus dice ever (any combination) is +5, which means you have a nice rule of:
  • Attribute, max 5
  • Skill, max 5
  • Bonuses, max 5
Max total, ever, is 15 dice, which should be able to give you 3 successes (aka "Almost Impossible) – and definitely so by pushing the roll.

Rollspelens andra guldålder är här!

Spelutvecklare, skribent, och Fria Ligan hang-around. (Det bara blev så.)

Countdowner

Fri 13 Jan 2017, 12:22

I have a question about the kid‘s typical names and nicknames. Are the names also adapted to the Boulder City Szenario? So typical american names and nicknames? I have tried to translate the nicknames into German, but some nicknames seem to be special Swedish terms that my program cannot translate.