joth1006
Topic Author

Classes

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 18:29

We know the names of the classes (e.g. Bookworm, Weirdo and so on), but how do you figure they will play?
I will probably never be a player in this, being the designated GM (our group have a house rule where the one who bought it GMs it), but I'm looking forward to finding out more (next week?)

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Classes

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 20:45

Hi!

Yes, more information on the Types (classes) is coming in the Beta PDF. In the meantime, here is the complete list of Types to play:
  • Computer Geek
  • Jock
  • Troublemaker
  • Popular Kid
  • Rocker
  • Weirdo
  • Hick
  • Bookworm
Fria Ligan

TiruYueru

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 20:53

I´m really excited, i usually only play DnD with some friends of mine. This setting will be quite interesting. 
The classes names are actually non-saying xD. They sound like they will influence your RP more than your gear, like the "Popular Kid" and "Weirdo".
Apart from that, I'm a big fan of good RP, soo im nail-biting until the release!

Henke

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 20:53

Hi!

Yes, more information on the Types (classes) is coming in the Beta PDF. In the meantime, here is the complete list of Types to play:
  • Computer Geek
  • Jock
  • Troublemaker
  • Popular Kid
  • Rocker
  • Weirdo
  • Hick
  • Bookworm
Makes me think of Maniac Mansion :-)
I skuggan av Trakorien - Bloggkrönika från Svavelvinter
Förbjuden Zon - Bloggkrönika från Version Noll
Spelledarens Pod - Av spelledare, för spelledare, om spelledare, samt ett och annat spelmöte

BroMerica

Sat 17 Dec 2016, 03:08

The "Hick" class sounds interesting. Is it possible to get more information on that? When exactly is the Beta PDF coming out?

Mineral

Sat 17 Dec 2016, 08:18

The "Hick" class sounds interesting. Is it possible to get more information on that? When exactly is the Beta PDF coming out?
Before Christmass, so in about a week! Though there's supposed to be some things missing from it, and the info won't be final. Though that's to be expected from a Beta.
Wouldn't have it any other way, but damn is it cold today.

flintberg

Sat 17 Dec 2016, 10:22

And it's a good thing too, as Fria Ligan can get valuable feedback on the game from the backers, and actually have at least a theorhetical chance to change a few key things if needed.

Kreggen

Sat 17 Dec 2016, 14:21

I will try to translate the core rules to the German language, because some players in my round can not speak and read English well. I already tried this with a different (Kickstarter)game, but I had to give up (different reasons). In Tales from the Loop I am confident that this will work (because I'm a child of the 80's and the setting ist very amazing to me). Here are my translations of the classes:
Computer Geek -> Computerfreak
Jock -> Sportskanone
Troublemaker -> Störenfried
Popular Kid -> LIeblingskind
Rocker -> Rocker [Rocker is Rocker, all over the world :-) ]
Weirdo -> Spinner
Hick -> Hinterwäldler
Bookworm -> Bücherwurm

aka_fatman

Sat 17 Dec 2016, 15:06

Hi!

• Computer Geek
  • Jock
  • Troublemaker
  • Popular Kid
  • Rocker
  • Weirdo
  • Hick
  • Bookworm
Yah. Quick question. What are the options (if any) for multi-classing? I can imagine a Jock also being a Popular Kid; or a Bookworm being a Computer Geek also (although it'd be slightly harder to justify a Weirdo being a Popular Kid). Will there be rules or are the Types locked-in?

Mineral

Sat 17 Dec 2016, 17:57

Hi!

• Computer Geek
  • Jock
  • Troublemaker
  • Popular Kid
  • Rocker
  • Weirdo
  • Hick
  • Bookworm
Yah. Quick question. What are the options (if any) for multi-classing? I can imagine a Jock also being a Popular Kid; or a Bookworm being a Computer Geek also (although it'd be slightly harder to justify a Weirdo being a Popular Kid). Will there be rules or are the Types locked-in?
Small towns, it could be a bit easier for a weird kid to be popular, maybe an eccentric creator kind of deal? Weird but he's, say, an artist or a child actor. That kind of deal. But I agree on the multiclassing! It would be fun to see what we could do with this kind of thing, where I doubt we'll have any kind of leveling system. From what I've seen however, classes might have more an effect on bonus' towards certain skills and maybe even access to certain equipment? It's unclear, and we're all too impatient to wait the week for when the beta comes out. 
Wouldn't have it any other way, but damn is it cold today.