Fragpuss
Topic Author

Accelerator Carbine - Autofire?

Mon 04 Sep 2017, 13:19

Just wanted to check whether the Accelerator Carbine having the Automatic fire feature is intentional or a misprint?

It would seem to contradict the text about accelerator weapons having a low rate of fire and largely make the Vulcan carbine and PDW redundant, as it's a much more capable weapon and not that much more expensive.

Sensei

Re: Accelerator Carbine - Autofire?

Mon 25 Sep 2017, 03:15

I'd like to know as well, because I spotted that upon read-through, and I think an accelerator carbine is the best weapon on the list for general use, if that Auto trait is correct. I also had a hard time figuring how it would be autofire, if accel weapons are slow, but I thought maybe it was specifically designed to operate more efficiently or something cool like that.

Kosta
Site Admin

Sun 22 Oct 2017, 22:08

Hi!

It's intentional - the Acc Carbine has autofire. It is specifically designet to handel the increased rate of fire. The first weapon (pic) after ACCELERATOR WEAPONS on page 124 in the Rulebook is actually the acc carbine - which is a rather long and ungainly weapon to be a carbine.
Fria Ligan

Fragpuss
Topic Author

Mon 23 Oct 2017, 20:40

Thanks for the clarification Kosta. 

Agree about the picture, your artists seem to have taken a leaf out of the Kill-o-zap Corporation's design guidelines:
“Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sorts of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, this is a gun for going out and making people miserable with.”