BenL
Topic Author

Aggressive negotiations?

Tue 15 Aug 2017, 03:21

I was hoping to get a better understanding as to why a limited success offers an opponent the choice to physically assault you. It seems rather extreme to make that an option. It may be I'm missing the logic and if so please enlighten me. :) 

Doctor KoT

Re: Aggressive negotiations?

Tue 15 Aug 2017, 06:11

If you, being a GM, don't want to make that deal at all, there is got to be a fight.
Else, you can agree with additional terms at your option (something that your players won't agree themselves, for example).

Tomas
Site Admin

Tue 22 Aug 2017, 19:57

Yes, the idea is that you can flat out refuse being Manipulated, but only by resorting to your fists. Basically, Manipulate won't give you mind control, but if someone refuses a skilled Manipulator, it will need to be by escalating the conflict to violence - which might not be an option in many situations.
Fria Ligan

BenL
Topic Author

Wed 23 Aug 2017, 15:54

Having to either obey or attack seemed a bit extreme, so I twisted my perception from a purely in-character view to a bit of meta, and that helped. Basically, it can be a conscious decision on a character's part to resort to violence, but that it's also a potential in the meta that such results happen. In any case, thanks for the help.