Vainamoinen

Re: Typos/Errors in the Coriolis Beta PDF

Mon 21 Nov 2016, 13:06

p. 300 bottom right "it depends of the flux of the field" --> "depends on the flux of the field"

p. 307 bottom left "...he has created, They..." --> "...he has created. They..." (stop instead of comma)

p. 316 bottom right "will have boxed modifier" --> "will have a boxed modifier"

p. 316 bottom right "in the wild in the jungles" --> "in the wild jungles" (?)

p. 318 middle left hypenation not "alt- /ough" but "al- /though"

p. 318 bottom right „Skavara can use its sense of smell…“ --> „Skavara can use their sense of smell…“

p. 319 middle left „…into very tight spaces such as ventilation shaft… --> „such as ventilation shafts “ (plural)

p. 320 bottom right: „PCs attempting to run away from the beasts…“ --> „...from the beast“ (singular)

p. 321 top left: „…flexible like a snakes’…“ --> „flexible like a snake’s

JamesVsWorld

Mon 21 Nov 2016, 17:34

More of an error than a typo, and perhaps too late, but...

On page 235 we're given a discription of The Gambler as a young girl with hand outstretched, but the image is of a very generic man with dice. This stood out as unusual as the others all seem to fit their descriptions.

I've been spending a wonderful few hours reading this book whilst on holiday, and it's great, but there are many, many typos. Thanks to the guys and girls for helping point them out.

Alphast

Tue 22 Nov 2016, 16:32

Page 238:
"There are nine sacred rites, just like there are nine Icons, but many hold prayer and blessing as the two most import-
ant ones."
Wrong cut. Should be cut as follows: "impor-
tant ones."

"Low-ranking preach-
ers or prophets are often sent to the fringes of civilization to serve in a chapel or monastery there, sometimes for a whole triad."
Same problem as above. Should be cut as follows: "prea-
chers or prophets"

Alphast

Tue 22 Nov 2016, 17:07

Page 239:
"The chapels usually have high ceilings, supported by a pillar by each alcove, and it is common that they have an opening in the ceiling where the sun or the stars can be seen."
Should be "in" to avoid the repetition.

"No matter how small the dome, chapel, or temple is, they always contain a common room where the faithful can relax and spend time together, with food, chai, hookahs, or just a few chairs."
Remove the comma here, because it puts the verb "is" in a wrong situation.

"In the fifth L-point above Melik lies the temple Horizon’s End, which its proprietors claim to be unique in all the Horizon: [...]"
Sounds really weird. I think it should be: "temple of Horizon's End".

Kaeam

Tue 22 Nov 2016, 20:23

Page 127 (TABLE 6.10 RANGED WEAPONS)
  • Flamethrower had a feature called Cone in the gear chapter preview. While the feature wasn't described anywhere, it implied that flamethrower might have been able to hit several people in a cone. Currently flamethrower lacks any features that allow hitting more than one target, which seems a bit strange considering the nature of the weapon.
  • Grenade launcher is the only heavy weapon that doesn't have Heavy feature. Might be intentional depending on what kind of grenade launcher it is.
  • There is no separator line between Accelerator launcher and Missile launcher.
Page 133:
  • The list of weapon features doesn't include the feature Small that is found on several weapons.
Page 256:
  • (Gabril's Ammo) "His most well-known creation is the Legion carbine Inferno, which has its nozzle replaced with a compact flamethrower." I don't think that Legion carbines have any nozzles, so replacing the text with "... which has its built-in grenade launcher replaced with a compact flamethrower." would make sense if the weapon is a variant of Legionnaire carbine Dayal-3.

JTDimino

Tue 22 Nov 2016, 23:35

I apologize if any of the typos/errors I'm about to mention have already been addressed elsewhere.  I tried my best to look at everything posted so far to make sure I wasn't repeating:

(General):
  • There are instances of both American English and British English spellings throughout the book.  For example I saw "centre" (British English) written instead of "center" (American English), but also "colorful" (American English) written instead of "colourful" (British English).  The inconsistency doesn't bother me personally, but if it was your intention to use one particular spelling convention then there are multiple "violations."

PDF Bookmarks:
  • In the bookmark title in the PDF for Chapter 13, "Atlass" should be spelled "Atlas".

Page 169:
  • Under "Ramming," the entry says "Read more about ramming on page 169," but that is the current page.  The correct page number appears to be 171.
  • Under "Pulse and Meme Attacks," the entry says "Read more about meme attacks on page 169," but that is the current page.  The correct page number appears to be 149.

Page 174:
  • Assuming I am understanding the rules correctly, in "TURN 1 - sensor phase" the PCs' ship breaks the lock, but in "TURN 1- attack phase," the example does not include the -2 modifier on the GM's attack roll for not having a lock on the target, and so erroneously totals the modifier as "+1" instead of "-1".

Page 228:
  • Under the heading "COMMUNICATION," the word "lord" should be capitalized as "Lord" since it is being used as a person's title.
  • Under the heading "TERMINALS AND THE NET," the word "On" has an accidental space ("O n").
[*]Page 229:
  • In the sidebar titled "INTELLIGENCES AND THE NET," on the third line from the bottom, the word "worries" has an accidental space ("worrie s").
 I'll post again when/if I find any more typos/errors.

Alphast

Wed 23 Nov 2016, 10:31

Page 241:
"[...] where the marginalized cult the Circle of Seekers view the Icon faith as a rough but practical simplification of the great mystery of life, and that each Icon is its own way to enlightenment."
Should be either of these two:
"a marginalized cult, the Circle of Seekers,"
"the marginalized cult of the Circle of Seekers"

Alphast

Wed 23 Nov 2016, 10:36

Page 242:
"To this day, “the ugly one” is said to be traveling the Horizon as a prophet’s warning of the righteous wrath of the Icons."
Should be: "as a prophet, warning".

"The talismans are usually left in the temple for one whole day, and to take a talisman during this time is one the strongest taboos in the Horizon."
Missing word here. Should be: "one of the strongest".

Alphast

Wed 23 Nov 2016, 11:26

Page 244:
"When it comes to the now extinct faction the Nazareem’s Sacrificethe worst evils imaginable are mixed with a certain amount of truth."
Here, for once, a comma is very much needed: "the now extinct faction, the Nazareem’s Sacrifice".

Alphast

Wed 23 Nov 2016, 11:29

Page 245:
"[...] and happens to be the name of the bio code magistra from Ahalimm that recently went missing only serves to further the whispered spec-
ulations."
Wrong word cutting. It should be: "spe-
culations."