Alphast

Re: Typos/Errors in the Coriolis Beta PDF

Sat 19 Nov 2016, 00:22

I stand corrected (posts edited: I left only the ones where it could be detrimental to the meaning).

The1TrueFredrix

Sat 19 Nov 2016, 00:37

Page 376, two instances of Vaning should be Level
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

DustyHead

Sat 19 Nov 2016, 03:30

I figured I might as well try to be productive while I read, so I started keeping editing notes from the start. As you’ll see in the file I’ve linked, I may've gotten a little carried away. Consequently, I still haven't read past the first chapter :-P Not sure if dissection at this level is actually helpful this late in the game, but I figure it can't hurt to pass along what I have. Take what you will, and I apologize for the inevitable overlap.

Intro & Chapter 1 Edits

(A couple words of explanation on the file itself. The bulk of the entries revolve around either punctuation--mainly comma usage--or awkward word choice/phrasing. Only a few of them affect actual readability, but I find that technical precision and clarity is generally worth pursuing. I’ve tried to highlight in yellow any entries that reflect a personal attempt to smooth out the English rather than a reference to a hard-and-fast rule.)

GIJose

Sat 19 Nov 2016, 12:11

I'm iffy on the use of the word habitate. Shouldn't it be inhabit (in the case of that sentence from page 12 inhabited)?

aunderwo

Sat 19 Nov 2016, 22:33

Pg 109

Ordinary computers are
harder to command (-1) than Advanced ones (+1).

This seems a bit back to front. Easier for a Data Djinn to operate an ordinary computer? Is this not child's play for a Data Djinn?

everyman

Sat 19 Nov 2016, 23:27

Page 49

For the soldier's gear:
4. Command unit      or      targeting scope
The targeting scope is a cybernetic implant, but isn't marked with the (CYB) tag [as the soldier's cybernetic muscles (CYB) are, or the pilot's targeting scope (CYB) for the matter]. 
Also, cybernetic implants are accompanied by a matching Talent choice; targeting scope (CYB) is absent from the solider's talent list

aunderwo

Sun 20 Nov 2016, 01:15

Although the price of an armoured Gravcraft is mentioned in the Gear chapter, I can not see any stats for this on page 100

aunderwo

Sun 20 Nov 2016, 01:37

Pg 100

An enforcer from the Syndicate fires a missile against
Sabah’s gravcraft. The attack hits and deals 4 points
of damage. Sabah tests the gravcraft’s armor (Armor
Rating 3), and rolls one six. The gravcraft takes 3
points of damage.

In example missile does 4 damage but page 127 states that a missile launcher deals 6 damage

The1TrueFredrix

Sun 20 Nov 2016, 08:51

Page 346, table 15.2 difficult, should be difficulty
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

aunderwo

Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:22

Hi Admins

Have you though about having something like a public Trello board where typos could be listed categorised and eventually moved to completed when incorporated in the edited Beta PDF?

see https://trello.com/b/sGnOPWaS/coriolis as an example of what it could look like