Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Typos/Errors in the Coriolis Beta PDF

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 14:20

Hi!

If you spot any typos or other errors in the complete Beta Coriolis PDF sent out today, please post them here! The deadline is November 25, which is the date we send the book to print.

Thanks!
Fria Ligan

duncgibbs

Re: Typos/Errors in the Coriolis Beta PDF

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 16:32

In the foreword. Page 5.
Coriolis had everything I had longed for in an sci-fi game
Pretty sure it should be a sci-fi game.
Looking forward to digging through this in the coming days.

Vainamoinen

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 16:34

Sincerest apologies, but I need to express my disappointment. :|

Promised was a full month before the printing date, and nothing has changed with the preliminary chapter releases really. Now it's just 9 days including a single weekend instead of four or five. I'm afraid I won't get anywhere sensible and can only hope that your own proofreaders have been up to their game. :cry:

Still, I'll do my best of course.

Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 16:41

Sincerest apologies, but I need to express my disappointment. :|

Promised was a full month before the printing date, and nothing has changed with the preliminary chapter releases really. Now it's just 9 days including a single weekend instead of four or five. I'm afraid I won't get anywhere sensible and can only hope that your own proofreaders have been up to their game. :cry:

Still, I'll do my best of course.
Sorry you're disappointed. This is what we can do, I'm afraid, We believe that the text is in pretty good shape now (apart from the typo in the preface :) )
If an extra weekend would help you we will most likely be able to make critical changes to the text even a few days after Nov 25, should it be needed.
Fria Ligan

Vainamoinen

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 19:19

(apart from the typo in the preface :) )
Well, also the hyphens instead of dashes in the first and second to last line of the second paragraph, in which you also have to capitalize "Middle Eastern" please.

THEN, I hope, we have a neat Preface. 8-)

duncgibbs

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 19:24

Tomas,

I have actually found quite a few typos and grammar mistakes. Before I got ahead of myself, I thought I'd run my plan by you: I am going to make a reply for each page in which all of the corrections I have will go. I feel this will keep the information concise, organized, and digestible. I thought this seemed better than replying with each correction, or replying with one massive list of corrections.

Does this seem like a good idea?

Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 20:03

Tomas,

I have actually found quite a few typos and grammar mistakes. Before I got ahead of myself, I thought I'd run my plan by you: I am going to make a reply for each page in which all of the corrections I have will go. I feel this will keep the information concise, organized, and digestible. I thought this seemed better than replying with each correction, or replying with one massive list of corrections.

Does this seem like a good idea?
Sure!
Fria Ligan

JohnK

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 20:26

Hullo, Tomas,

Thanks for adding me to this little section of the forums.  Much appreciated. :)

Love the look of the Beta document, and I'm glad to see that pretty much all of my changes for the first 7 chapters have been added and inserted.  :)  So I'm not going to go back over those chapters, to be honest. :)

I've already finished my edits of Chapter 8 and have sent those off to you.  Hope they meet with your approval. :)

JohnK
...As for the border, the border is wherever the fleet sits at the moment. (Downbelow Station by C.J. Cherryh)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Vainamoinen

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 20:39

Love the look of the Beta document, and I'm glad to see that pretty much all of my changes for the first 7 chapters have been added and inserted.  :) 
It seems I haven't been this lucky. :(

Alphast

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 20:44

Spotted a typo, page 201: 
"Asturban agnets are no strangers
to carrying out raids on rival faction in what they
call “self defense”, something the Council have condemned
repeatedly".

I am pretty sure it should be "agents".