Alphast
Topic Author

Fri 07 Oct 2016, 10:41

It might be too late to change the rules about this in the game, but I always found the systems with only one metric for Reputation clumsy. As shown by the preview, you lose reputation when you do something wrong and you gain it when you act positively. Isn't it nicer to have two metrics for reputation: Fame and Infamy? 
You would still gain fame when doing something cool and lose it when doing something wrong. But you would conversely gain and lose infamy in a symmetrical way. That way, you could count your reputation with factions/NPC which have no ethics (or ethics really different from ours) and still see how famous you are with all the cool people... Just my two cents.

OrunII

Re: Reputation

Fri 13 Oct 2017, 14:11

I love it and I am going to house-rule this as I was looking for something akin to it!

silverfoxdmt73

Re: Reputation

Sun 05 Nov 2017, 20:54

I really like this idea, it might take a little more bookkeeping for me as a GM, but it adds more realism to the game.

It would be cool to have your missions or other activities have different effects on your standing with other factions, such as busting a trafficking operation by the Syndicate increasing your Fame with the Consortium while producing an equal level of Infamy with the Syndicate themselves.