KuneTear

Re: Typos/Errata in English Sample Chapters

Tue 27 Sep 2016, 19:33

What I've noticed so far:

ERRATA - Chapter 2 "Your Characters"
Page 11
-Under the Pilgrims group concept  the passage for other group concepts says "The Explorers group concept can also be used for:" which should say "The Pilgrims group concept can also be used for:"

Page 12
-Under Free Traders Patrons/Nemesis, one of the four options, Lea Marhoun, has no line break and bold typeface like the other three options
"◆ Abdul Nasr (the Free League). A merchant specializing in technological artifacts, operating out of Ozone Plaza on Coriolis.//Line break needed Lea Marhoun (Zenithian Trade Alliance). An antiques dealer from the Monolith, specializing in trade in artifacts and archaeological findings"

I'll update this post as I read if not covered by others, but this is as far as I've read so far.

Update 1:
Page 14
-Under 'Character Concept', third sentence says "You concept" instead of "Your concept".

Page 15
- On the sidebar, under 'Name and Appearance', the last sentence says "...but are or course..." instead of "...but are of course..."

Page 17
-In the left column about the Icons, at the top (second complete sentence on the page), the sentence reads "If have the Icon deck..." instead of reading "If you have the Icon deck...".

Page 18
-On the right column, under 'Relationships', the third sentence reads "When creating your PC, describe your relationship to each of the other PCs with a short sentence on you character sheet". The you at the end should read 'your'.
Last edited by KuneTear on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

Alphast

Tue 27 Sep 2016, 20:34

Not really a typo but something which struck me as a waste of good page real estate: the tables 2.3 and 2.5 are just repetitions of the rows of table 2.2. And 2.3 is literally on the same page... 

Vainamoinen

Wed 28 Sep 2016, 09:34

Thanks kunetear. I'm pretty swamped right now (returned from vacation just yesterday), so I won't get to proofread the preliminary characters chapter for a bit. I really want to do it eventually though! :p

/edit: Skimmed through the first pages. I think I will be able to contribute quite a bit eventually. :P

KuneTear

Wed 28 Sep 2016, 16:48

Vain, your edits are in depth so I'm looking forward to seeing what you notice. I want FL to have the best product they can have and hopefully these help! Most of mine were done on mobile so I'm sure I missed a lot. I also was focusing much less on grammar and more specifically on omissions that were noticeable.

Umberto Octo
Topic Author

Thu 29 Sep 2016, 02:05

"Troubles with Tables" ;)

Page 14:
Table 2.1 Home System
The table jumps from...
46-54 ZALOS
63-66 CHOOSE
...it is missing (D66:) 55-62.

Page 15:
Concepts and Subconcepts sidebar
"NEGOTIATOR – Agitator, Diplomat Peddler" is missing a comma b/t Diplomat & Peddler.

Page 17:
Table 2.6 Your Icon
THE LADY IN TEARS is in all caps while the rest of the Icons are not.

Question: High General Abassar Douk (the Free Uharan Army) is listed as a Patron/Nemesis under both Mercenaries and Pilgrims... is this deliberate or a duplicate error? He's the only one listed twice, so I thought I'd ask... :)
"Se til helvete å komme dere vekk. Det er ikke en bikkje! Det er en slags TING!
Det imiterer en bikkje. Det er ikke virkelig! Kom dere vekk, IDIOTER!"

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 29 Sep 2016, 10:02

Thanks, great feedback, keep it coming! :)
Fria Ligan

Vainamoinen

Thu 29 Sep 2016, 17:52

I've consolidated all things found by KuneTear, Octo and myself in one list below. Personally, I missed two out of the three things that Octo found. :shock: So don't even think for a second we caught them all yet. They're still in there... lurking... ugly... unbearable...

Getting to the characters later! :)

ERRATA – SAMPLE PAGES
Part Four

CHAPTER 2: CHARACTERS 

Page 7
  • no comma between "the Portal wars" and "was nothing that anyone foresaw"
Page 10
  • right side, top: is there really such a thing as "ice ore" in the Horizon or is a comma missing in between?
  • right side, top: not "ship wrecks" but "shipwrecks".
  • right side, middle: not "No truths slips by" but "no truth slips by" or "no truths slip by"
Page 11
  • left side, bottom: not "The Explorers group concept can also..." but "the Pilgrims group concept can also..."
  • right side, under "debt": incorrect hyphenation, not spa- /ceship but space- /ship
  • right side, under "debt", line 5: not "50% of the ships value" but "50% of the ship's value"
Page 12
  • middle: "Lea Marhoun" has no individual bullet point and is not in bold print
Page 13
  • "The Player character", left side, entry no. 12: Not "Determine you HP" but "Determine your HP"
  • "The Player character", right side, under "Origin": No comma in "Origin means both which star system you come from and whether..."
Page 14
  • bottom left, home system table: entry for results 55-62 is missing
  • bottom right, not "You concept affects your attributes" but "your concept affects..."
Page 15
  • left side, top: Comma missing in "Agitator, Diplomat Peddler"
  • left side, under "name & appearance": Not "but are or course important to..." but "but are of course important to..."
Page 16
  • left side, skill levels table: First entry is erroneously in all caps
Page 17
  • left top, first paragraph: hyphen instead of dash in the second to last line
  • left top, second paragraph: not "for a general skills" but "for a general skill"
  • left middle to bottom: incorrect hyphenation, not avai- /lable but avail- /able
  • left middle to bottom: Not "at least skill level I" but "at least skill level 1"
  • right side, middle example: Not "the Nine Lifes talent" but "the Nine Lives talent"
  • right side, bottom table: First entry erroneously in all caps
Page 18
  • top left: not "If have the Icon deck" but "If you have the Icon deck"
  • left, under "The Nine Icons": please don't hyphenate "briefly". At all.
  • middle right: not "a short sentence on you character sheet" but "a short sentence on your character sheet"
Page 20
  • first line: Not "You PC" but "Your PC".
  • middle to bottom: not "as long as you like, before using them" but "as long as you like before using them" (no comma)

aunderwo

Sun 02 Oct 2016, 10:13

In the Characters chapter page 17 it states "Sabah, being Stationary, gives Jessica 10 points to spend on skills. She gives Sabah Technology 3, Survival 2, Manipulation 2, Dexterity 1, Ranged Combat 1, and Observation 1. Jessica picks the Nine Lifes talent for Sabah." I can not see a concept that has Technology , Survival , and  Manipulation as concept skills. How is Sabah able to raise each of these above 1?

Also on Page 17 under talents it mentions you get one each from Group Concept, Character concept and Icon. On Page 11 it mentions that "When creating your group, pick one of the talents connected to your group concept." I can't see where these are listed and likewise the talents based on icons don't seem to be listed. 

Thanks.

Vainamoinen

Sun 02 Oct 2016, 11:21

I can't see where these are listed and likewise the talents based on icons don't seem to be listed.
Well, they wouldn't just give everything away for free, would they? :)

Talents are described in another chapter. I guess there will be an entire Talents chapter, like in Mutant Year Zero.

In the Characters chapter page 17 it states "Sabah, being Stationary, gives Jessica 10 points to spend on skills. She gives Sabah Technology 3, Survival 2, Manipulation 2, Dexterity 1, Ranged Combat 1, and Observation 1. Jessica picks the Nine Lifes talent for Sabah." I can not see a concept that has Technology , Survival , and  Manipulation as concept skills. How is Sabah able to raise each of these above 1?
That's a really good catch. We're never given Sabah's precise character concept, and none of the concept skill lists for any of the 33 concepts has Technology, Survival and Manipulation. Now, there's probably ample room to make your own character concepts, but that's advanced stuff that shouldn't be in a core rule book; so I absolutely agree that (a) Sabah's concept should be given in the example and (b) it should conform to one of the 33 character concepts in the core rule book.
Last edited by Vainamoinen on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 02 Oct 2016, 11:22

I can't see where these are listed and likewise the talents based on icons don't seem to be listed.
Well, they wouldn't just give everything away for free, would they? :)

Talents are described in another chapter. I guess there will be an entire Talents chapter, like in Mutant Year Zero.
Yes, that's right. :)
Fria Ligan