Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Typos/Errata in English Sample Chapters

Thu 27 Oct 2016, 16:44

Translation still needed of all the "Tabell x.xx" headers it seems.
Table 6.3:
  • "Skrivdon" should be translated
  • "Språkenhet" should be "language unit" (it is correct in the text, not on the table)
  • "Transaktor" needs translation. It has different stats from the "Transactor" higher up on the table.
  • "Tagg" should be?
Table 6.12, Translation needed of:
  • Sensorrökgranat (it also appears twice on table - remove?)
  • Splittergranat (it also appears twice on table - remove?)
  • Spränggranat (it also appears twice on table - remove?)
  • Termalgranag (it also appears twice on table - remove?)
  • Termobarisk granat (it also appears twice on table - remove?)
Table 6.14
  • Stridssköld appears twice (Combat shield above)
Distances are all in miles, I believe I read somewhere they were supposed to be in kilometres? If I'm mistaken, ignore this.

Also, Personal Holograph (pp 10) states it has the same capabilities as the personal communicator (pp 9), a 10 mile range. This is in conflict with personal communicator description which states the range is "about 5 miles" ...
Hi!
Thanks for that. Unfortunately we linked to the wrong version of the PDF, this is the right one - all the Swedish should be gone. :)
We will have a look at the kilometers/miles issue, as well as the personal holograph. Thanks!
Fria Ligan

aunderwo

Fri 28 Oct 2016, 00:51

On page 30 
I would personally use Sawn-off in place of Sawed-off but I guess that is a UK english vs US english thing  :D
Last edited by aunderwo on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

Kaeam

Fri 28 Oct 2016, 13:04

Chapter 6 Weapons & Equipment:
Page 11 (TABLE 6.3  EVERYDAY ITEMS): 
  • Arrash should probably have Weight T like Kambra, Opor and Tabak. 
  • Arrash, Kambra and Musical Instrument are missing their Bonuses (-1 for Arrash, +1 Manipulation for Kambra and +1 Manipulation for Musical Instrument).
  • Why does Arrash have Cost 50-500 while the other drugs have fixed Costs?
  • What is the Cost of the Primitive Computers (Bonus -3) mentioned on page 13 (COMPUTERS IN THE THIRD HORIZON), assuming that they can be purchased?
  • What are the costs for the different Holograph versions? Using cost increases equivalent to communicators would suggest 1500 / 1800 / 2300 / 3300 / 6300 birr (+1000 birr for pulse function), which means that Holograph with System-range and pulse function would only cost 7300 birr.
  • Do the different Holographs use the weights of the equivalent Communicators?
Page 12
  • Modulator "has the performance of a personal com (10 miles)". As mentioned before, personal communicator has only has ~5 mile range.
  • The description of modulator is quite vague, which raises the following questions: How large is modulator unit physically? Is there a size limit for the objects/people that can be transmitted with the modulator? How is the modulated object tied to the modulator? Does the copy only exist as long as the original stays above the modulator unit? If a person is transmitted, is the copy flesh and blood? Does the modulator require materials to create the copy, or does it create things "out of thin air"?

Kosta
Site Admin

Fri 28 Oct 2016, 14:15

Hi, I'll check this out and post answers to to your questions tomorrow :)
Fria Ligan

Kosta
Site Admin

Mon 31 Oct 2016, 23:49

Page 11 (TABLE 6.3  EVERYDAY ITEMS): 
  • Arrash should probably have Weight T like Kambra, Opor and Tabak. 
  • Arrash, Kambra and Musical Instrument are missing their Bonuses (-1 for Arrash, +1 Manipulation for Kambra and +1 Manipulation for Musical Instrument).
  • Why does Arrash have Cost 50-500 while the other drugs have fixed Costs?
  • What is the Cost of the Primitive Computers (Bonus -3) mentioned on page 13 (COMPUTERS IN THE THIRD HORIZON), assuming that they can be purchased?
  • What are the costs for the different Holograph versions? Using cost increases equivalent to communicators would suggest 1500 / 1800 / 2300 / 3300 / 6300 birr (+1000 birr for pulse function), which means that Holograph with System-range and pulse function would only cost 7300 birr.
  • Do the different Holographs use the weights of the equivalent Communicators?
Page 12
  • Modulator "has the performance of a personal com (10 miles)". As mentioned before, personal communicator has only has ~5 mile range.
  • The description of modulator is quite vague, which raises the following questions: How large is modulator unit physically? Is there a size limit for the objects/people that can be transmitted with the modulator? How is the modulated object tied to the modulator? Does the copy only exist as long as the original stays above the modulator unit? If a person is transmitted, is the copy flesh and blood? Does the modulator require materials to create the copy, or does it create things "out of thin air"?
Hi, again!
Regarding Table 6.3. There seems to be som missmatch between the rows title and the stats. That's why some stuff has disappeared, such as some bonuses and weights for drugs. The same is the issue with costs. We will correct this. 
We actually haven't specified primitive computers (what adventurer would want to buy an old amiga ;) ) - but will add that.
We will correct the holograph prices and add a sentence about weight in the description (page 10-11) and table 6.3.
Regarding the modulator:
A communicator based on modulation – nanotechnological representation of real objects. Has the performance of a personal com (10 miles) and can both transmit and receive perfect
copies of objects and people. The modulated object is tied to the modulator and cannot be moved, but can be touched and turned as long as it stays above the unit. The copied objects lack
the functions of the originals, but their weight and appearance are perfect down to the molecular level. 

We will add that the size is like a large flat plate 2-3 feet wide. The field projects upwards and can thus show a full person or object of similar or smaller size. The object is kept in the modulate field and can not be moved out of it. If you try the modulate nanites disassemble. A person would be an innate copy with the correct shape and apperance but not made of flesh. Nor woud a brick be made of mortar but nanites.

I hope that answers your questions. We will add some info in the text about this.
Fria Ligan

Kaeam

Tue 01 Nov 2016, 19:36

Thanks for the answers, Kosta! In return you shall have these mistakes I found.  ;)

• Page 31 (TABLE 6.10 RANGED WEAPONS): Flamethrower's Cone feature and Firestorm system's Blast effect 5 feature aren't explained on page 37 (WEAPON AND ARMOR FEATURES EXPLAINED).
  • Page 36 (BATTLE EXO XOAR JANISSARY): The exo's duralite axe blade has CRIT 2 while all the dura weapons listed on page 34 (TABLE 6.13 MELEE WEAPONS) have CRIT 1.
  • Page 37 (FEATURES): The list below describes the different features a weapon or armor might have. The list under FEATURES only describes weapon features as armor features are described under ARMOR FEATURES.
I also have a question concerning the Sprinter talent (Chapter 4 Talents, page 13): Is there a reason why Sprinter stacks with Quick (Chapter 4 Talents, page 17) but not with Cybernetic Muscles (Chapter 4 Talents, page 15)?

GordonC

Mon 21 Nov 2016, 01:01

Weapon Systems table 7.9 page 150

The cost Meson Cannon has a dash?? Or is this a free weapon?

Ashurbanipul

Mon 05 Dec 2016, 00:40

GM's Screen
1 CRITICAL INJURIES Groin Hit I have only just realised I don't know what the result "1 point of damage per FORCE, DEXTERITY and MELEE COMBAT test" means and I can't find an explanation. I'm guessing that the original assailants DEXTERITY, FORCE and MELEE COMBAT are rolled again and you take an extra point of damage per success.  The same occurs for other effects.
2 LEVELS OF SUCCESS Might be worth adding 0 Failure.
2 RANGED WEAPONS May be worth noting that these are only a selection of the most common types of weapon.

Kaeam

Mon 05 Dec 2016, 17:56

GM's Screen
1 CRITICAL INJURIES Groin Hit I have only just realised I don't know what the result "1 point of damage per FORCE, DEXTERITY and MELEE COMBAT test" means and I can't find an explanation. I'm guessing that the original assailants DEXTERITY, FORCE and MELEE COMBAT are rolled again and you take an extra point of damage per success.  The same occurs for other effects.
I think that the injured person takes damage whenever s/he attempts a FORCE, DEXTERITY or MELEE COMBAT test.

Ashurbanipul

Mon 05 Dec 2016, 21:38

GM's Screen
I think that the injured person takes damage whenever s/he attempts a FORCE, DEXTERITY or MELEE COMBAT test.
That seems like a good suggestion Kaem, it could just do with being explicit in the rules.