Haerentia
Topic Author

Robots in Corioils

Fri 30 Mar 2018, 12:43

Hello everyone!!

After reading the core book, I realized that there are no robots, droids or similar in the setting. I mean, there are cybernetic limbs, AIs that controls ships, drones, ..so the technology to built an autonomous robot is likely to exist, but it doesn't seem to be many one.

I wonder if that is because I haven't read all the books yet, or because something religious. The people in the Third Horizon may think that build a machine so similar to a person is a blasphemy to the Icons. I prefer the latter, because it's something I could use in a campaign, but I want to be sure in order to not be in contradiction with official supplements or campaigns.

The1TrueFredrix

Re: Robots in Corioils

Fri 30 Mar 2018, 19:57

Check out “Constructs” on page 329
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

Doctor KoT

Fri 30 Mar 2018, 21:09

"Celestial Web" is solid #2 in my personal Coriolis easter eggs chart  :mrgreen:

Haerentia
Topic Author

Fri 30 Mar 2018, 21:32

Thank you The1TrueFredrix.

But anyway the constructs seem to be something built many years ago. Robots like C3PO for instance don't seem to be common, and constructs are not even listed in equipment tables. Perhaps it's something cultural in the Third Horizon.

Doctor KoT, I don't understand. Why celestial web is an easter egg?

Doctor KoT

Fri 30 Mar 2018, 22:10

Doctor KoT, I don't understand.  Why celestial web is an easter egg?

Xavi

Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:02

O
M
G
That went below my radar!

BTW, skynet is a courier company https://www.skynetworldwide.com/services/air-cargo/