UrShulgi
Topic Author

The Expanse (TV series)

Wed 05 Apr 2017, 15:03

Anybody watched it? What do you think?

PS: I wrote something about it in another thread.

Jegergryte

Re: The Expanse (TV series)

Fri 07 Apr 2017, 01:52

I love it.

Running a game inspired by it, but *blasphemy!* I'm not using Coriolis, I'm running HARP SF.

Although Coriolis could probably easily be hacked for a game set in that storyverse.
"Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
-Tom Lehrer
Make sure your brain is engaged before putting your mouth into gear.

Byrax

Tue 11 Apr 2017, 16:07

I did a Barbarians of Lemuria-hack (actually a hack of a hack; Barbarians of the Void) with the setting from the Expanse (Leviathan Wakes) back in 2015. Setting + rules are done for an iBook. Open the link in your email on an iPad or iPhone, choose "open in iBook" and voila.

Simply called it The Void to not alert players about The Expanse/LW-plot used in the scenario. Good fun. No ship rules yet, however, so refer to the general Barbarians of the Void-hack for anything missing (google it or find it at the Champions of Lemuria-forum. 

Hopefully something useful can be found if you hack Coriolis to the Expanse.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzem5sigqjkd0 ... oks?oref=e

And the Char.sheet in pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8omxhdaecyq1 ... pdf?oref=e
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8omxhdaecyq1 ... d_CS_2.1.1.pdf?oref=e

Harper

Sun 17 Sep 2017, 18:10

Green ronin are doing the official the expanse rpg

Sloblock

Fri 22 Sep 2017, 02:33

hi there

I am just about to start a Coriolis campaign that I originally wrote for an Expanse type universe, but have then refitted for this world.

Once I get started I will post the blog site URL, as I would be happy to hear what people think, aside from my players

Tsu

Fri 22 Sep 2017, 09:23

Allways nice to read something like that, give it a share. 

What Expanse stuff or content would you like to implement in your Coriolis campaigns? Anything specific?

Sloblock

Sat 23 Sep 2017, 01:53

Hello

I originally liked the world and the idea of Earth v Mars v the Belters.

I wanted the players to be a UN patrol team, and then could have an encounter with the MCN.

So I have decided that the Pcs are working for a large company called SYSGEN which has outposts looking for the next big thing, and has patrol ships protecting their resources.

A synopsis reads as follows

Episodes

(Cutscene) The Late Shift
Summary:
There is a vicious attack on refinery outpost 357 Delta in the “slow end of space” Westernia system. The attack is by an unknown and unidentifiable assailant. Only a limited message is received by deep space rescue services.

Cutscene is given to the players as a short story

1. Welcome aboard The Drake
Summary:
Patrol cruiser “Francis Drake III” is responding to a distress call to help divert an asteroid and make it miss a small populated moon. Once the moon is safe they receive orders investigate outpost 357 Delta.

2. “Some real work”
Summary:
The wreckage is extensive and during an away mission which require environment suits, the crew discover encrypted recordings as well as items of material that they cannot recognise and the body of an SynGen scientist who was last recorded as being in the Homeworld system. The Drake is attacked and damaged by an unknown enemy which is escaping from the wreckage. The Drake is ordered to salvage as much of the material and return to the nearest Applied Sciences base.

3. Friends and Allies (so to speak of)
Summary:
Whilst at Applied Sciences, the crew are treated extremely badly, and quarantined for a short period. The Captain is made aware of some classified information about the attack and ordered not to disclose this information.