nerdvana
Topic Author

REGEN's full name?

Sun 10 Jun 2018, 00:40

Its obviously an acronym but what is the full name that makes up the acronym. Has anyone decided for their game? This is a question that just struck me and that has me scratching my head and considering. :)

Fenhorn

Re: REGEN's full name?

Sun 10 Jun 2018, 00:49

The drug is a reference to the original game Mutant (84). In that game, the drug (or actually it was two, Regen-1 and Regen-2) was super healing drugs that healed everything, even lost limbs. It simply an abbreviation for Regenerate or perhaps Regeneration.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

nerdvana
Topic Author

Sun 10 Jun 2018, 01:01

Thanks for the prompt reply

Fenhorn

Sun 10 Jun 2018, 01:16

In the original Mutant game (as in other post-apocalypse games) items have names based on what they are or what they do. No post-apocalyptic characters would give a damn about corporate names or labels anyway.

There are actually a couple of things with a fancy name in the mutant world. It is in Elysium (so you, English speakers don't have it yet). In that book there is a drug called Bellicin (a battle drug). That drug also existed in the original game. But that drug was introduced late so the writers back then was probably influenced by cyberpunk and in cyberpunk worlds everything has (or should have) a fancy name. So that was probably the reason why some of the late stuff in the original game got fancy names.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

SCalvin

Mon 25 Feb 2019, 23:41

Giving robots weird names based on corporate logos and product designations is tradition. :D Just played the medical bot mr. Cederroth at a con.