cocolebelge
Topic Author

questions MY0 and Mechatron.

Thu 12 Oct 2017, 17:31

Hi all (same topic as in Mechatron sub-forum) ,

I am planning to finally start a campaign of Mutant Year 0 (I kickstarted this few years ago [img=15x17]http://forum.frialigan.se/images/smilie ... e_wink.gif[/img] ) and I was looking for extra material (in shop or free fan made material)
I am looking for extra sectors to add to my campaign and I saw yesterday the new Mechatron 0 setting. 
  • Is Mechatron compatible with Mutant year 0?
  • Could I use parts of it as a new/other sector or Ark?
  • Are the extra  "sectors" PDfs for backers available for non backers? Are those sectors format the same as previously or a little more detailed? 
  • Is it possible to play Mechatron as humans? or augmented humans?
  • As I don't have much time to prepare sessions and adventures can I find somewhere a few adventures or detailed seeds of adventures on the web?
I love the concept of the game but If I had one or two small remarks, I would have liked more in depth Zones with plots.  And I am not really excited about the Gen lab stuff with mutated animals. At least from what I have seen from previews. I did not actually bought those supplements. But for me the direction taken is a little too weird. 

Ps: I am also happy to see material in french.

Thanks 

cocolebelge
Topic Author

Re: questions MY0 and Mechatron.

Mon 13 Nov 2017, 16:20

No answer? ...
Thanks

Fenhorn

Re: questions MY0 and Mechatron.

Mon 13 Nov 2017, 16:49

• Is Mechatron compatible with Mutant year 0?
  Yes. Mechatron (released soon), Genlab Alfa and Elysium (to be released next year) all introduces a "class" and also includes a campaign (for that class) but they are all compatible to each other.
  • Could I use parts of it as a new/other sector or Ark?
Mechatron, Genlab Alfa and Elysium takes place in a special area and after the campaign is played, that class enters the Zone and becomes playable with the Mutants in MYZ. Of course you can skip the campaign and join the classes. There are also new artefacts and projects that is meant to be used in the Zone. Genlab Alfa and Elysium also contains new roles and talents that any class (except robots) clan play.
(edit: to clarify - Mutant: Mechatron takes place in the underwater city of Mechatron-7, Mutant: Genlab Alpha takes place in the prison camp called Paradise Valley and Mutant: Elysium takes place in the enklave Elysium I. Where these places are in the world is up to you, but probably not that far from the Zone that you plan to play in when using Mutant: Year Zero base game).
  • Are the extra  "sectors" PDfs for backers available for non backers? Are those sectors format the same as previously or a little more detailed? 
All the special sectors that are unlocked as SG during the kickstarter will come out in Zone Compendiums (that contains four special sectors each). I think that the later ZC are a little bit more fleshed out than the early ones the two ZC that (I think) will come out after Mechatron (Hotell Imperator and the robot ZC).
  • Is it possible to play Mechatron as humans? or augmented humans?
The Mechatron campaign is for robots alone. Humans with biomechatronic enhancements (i.e. cybernetics) will come in the Elysium expansion. The expansions itself (if you skip the campaign) can of course be used in a MYZ campaign.
  • As I don't have much time to prepare sessions and adventures can I find somewhere a few adventures or detailed seeds of adventures on the web?
The best answer I can give is to join various groups on FB or G+ and ask there.

Hm, I have answered these questions before, I don't remember where though. Anyway that was the reason I didn't answer this one. (Or perhaps I only dreamt that I answered it).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore