pepe-andre
Topic Author

How to start a Ark [light spoiler]

Thu 15 Jun 2017, 10:27

Hello there,

after reading the GM-section I got curious about how a single man or woman would take care of at least 150 children with mutations, that need daily treatment and care. Not to talk about incidents caused by their powers. If I recall it correctly the vanilla lore says that this is all done by one scientist, what I find absurd. So I started thinking.
Would it not make more sense if the scientists formed groups to take care of their experiments?
I am imagening a group of 10 scientists that went out to build the Ark. Everyone charged with another task. That would furthermore explain how the Ark would be build in the first place. While raising the eperiments and trying to build a safe harbor to live scientists died or turned their back because they could not handle the pressure of living in a post-apocalyptic world filled with dangers. So in the end the only one left is the Elder but the mutants will have grown up with many more than one person and connect certain memories with them.

What do you think? Is this a considerable explanation for how the Ark is been built and and their inhabitants taken care of in the beginning?

Yours,
pepe-andre

Jurij 1138

Re: How to start a Ark

Fri 16 Jun 2017, 13:45

I think I read somewhere that there initially was a group of scientists that started the Ark, but that they died off, one by one, until only the elder is left.

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: How to start a Ark

Sun 18 Jun 2017, 15:18

Hello there,

after reading the GM-section I got curious about how a single man or woman would take care of at least 150 children with mutations, that need daily treatment and care. Not to talk about incidents caused by their powers. If I recall it correctly the vanilla lore says that this is all done by one scientist, what I find absurd. So I started thinking.
Would it not make more sense if the scientists formed groups to take care of their experiments?
I am imagening a group of 10 scientists that went out to build the Ark. Everyone charged with another task. That would furthermore explain how the Ark would be build in the first place. While raising the eperiments and trying to build a safe harbor to live scientists died or turned their back because they could not handle the pressure of living in a post-apocalyptic world filled with dangers. So in the end the only one left is the Elder but the mutants will have grown up with many more than one person and connect certain memories with them.

What do you think? Is this a considerable explanation for how the Ark is been built and and their inhabitants taken care of in the beginning?

Yours,
pepe-andre
Your logic is sound - I won't say more here, as I don't want to spoil the metaplot (I marked this thread spoiler just in case). More details can be found in Chapter 16 of Mutant: Year Zero. :)
Fria Ligan