Jegergryte
Topic Author

Ran a con-game

Wed 05 Apr 2017, 14:42

So!

I went to GamerNation Con IV: A New Hope last week, in Plano, Texas. The Facebook group is probably more useful than the website.

As you may guess it is a Star Wars RPG-centric con, but there's always room for other games. I got to run my first game of Mutant YZ/GA ever. It was during the "after dark" on the Saturday, so alcohol was involved. Lots of fun was had. Not sure I impressed them with my GMing skills, but the game did impress them and they had lots of fun hunting down cannibals, fighting saurians and sniping at the oncoming ferry.

I'm really impressed with how this game flows. It does require a change in mindset from D&D and Pathfinder, like so many other narrative games, so that was a bit of a challenge for these players, but they did thoroughly enjoy the idea of mutant humans and animals, using their powers in creative ways.

Next time I'll even plan and pre-register the game, so I'm somewhat prepared too :D It was fun running a con-game. I need more visual aids.
"Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
-Tom Lehrer
Make sure your brain is engaged before putting your mouth into gear.

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Ran a con-game

Wed 05 Apr 2017, 20:03

Awesome, sounds like you had a good time! :)
Fria Ligan