Site Admin

Re: Birmingham (UK) Urban Renewal - My Campaign

Wed 18 Feb 2015, 17:27

Cool report, thanks for that! :)
Fria Ligan

Brass Jester

Sat 20 Jun 2015, 01:57

I work in West Bromwich, in the Black Country, so I took a map of the area and drew a 2cm square grid over it (using Paint). Each square is 1 square mile. My Ark is called the Centre, and is based on West Bromwich Jobcentre. I added a few mysterious things to the map (which may or may not be true). So, Turner’s Hill, about 2 miles SW became the Two Towers (because it has two large water towers on it), Quinton Cemetery has a warning about Zone-Ghouls, the M5/M6 interchange is the Broken Bridges and beyond this “Here be Monsters” (could be true - my wife's cousin and family live out this way :lol:). East, towards Birmingham, there are mysterious lights in the sky at night.

The Centre is ruled by an Elder called The Principal, the Elder is dying and only speaks through his bodyguard called The Rosie. The Ground floor is the territory of Boss Duggan, who wants to dominate the local area and make the Centre feared. Boss 2 is called Belend and aims to expand the Centre by peaceful means; but knows that they need to find a good supply of grub and water before they can take in more people. Boss 3 on the top floor is called Jukas; she is obsessed with ancient technology and making it work.

Like everywhere else, the currency of the Centre is bullets. You start with a certain number and can use them to trade or in weapons if you have a firearm. The valuables in the Centre are stored in the Vault; Boss Duggan currently is in charge of this. The Vault currently holds a box of four painkillers.

Water is a current problem, the Centre gets rainwater collected off the roof but this isn’t enough.

The Centre is home to about 180 of the People, roughly split equally between the bosses. Everyone, of course, follows the Elder.

Rawhead: I have mysterious lights in the sky, searchlight beams seen on certain nights out towards Meriden and Birmingham International Airport. I would like to see your maps.
Birmingham doesn’t have a major river, true; but what about the Elan Aqueduct? One of the great examples of Victorian engineering. Also, as I’m sure you know; Birmingham has more miles of waterway than does Venice

AJEvans: Hi Andy! Long time, no speak. Dudley Castle is a great idea as an Ark; on my map it is called The Old Castle.

Eden: I’ve got an idea where it might be. Ever heard of R.S 9 – Drakelow Tunnels?

Tomas
Site Admin

Sat 20 Jun 2015, 10:43

Very cool stuff! :)
Fria Ligan