cocolebelge
Topic Author

question about following products

Sat 10 Jan 2015, 21:13

hi all,

I am very interested in the setting and probably looking to invest in your great RPG Neverthelesss I had a question or two. i did not really found answers to the following question, perhaps you could help me:

I see that there are some rules that help you in generating zones, events etc. This is rather interesting but I am also looking for a heavy driven campaign and I see that the core book offers only an "outline".
To be honest, I would like to avoid the " ONLY" card driven and generation system, I would rather use it sometimes and I am more looking for a full campaign rather than an outline.

What about the next coming books? Is a rich and detailed campaign in preparation?
Or could I create locations before my game session?

What would be wonderful for me is a rich campaign and for some locations a quick creation ingame or before game.

best regards

:twisted:

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: question about following products

Sat 10 Jan 2015, 21:55

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I don't know if you've had a chance to look through the core book, but I would say it offers quite a bit more than an outline of a campaign. Rather, the book contains several solid building blocks:
  • Five detailed scenario locations with NPCs, maps and events, that you can choose to include in your campaign. About 30 pages in total.
  • An epic campaign finale, including a large "dungeon" of sorts, also with lots of handouts, maps, NPCs and events. Also about 30 pages of the core book.
  • 25 "Threat Cards" which can be used to randomly introduce threats in your campaign. These threats are all expanded upon in the core book (about 10 pages in total).
So, you have about 70 pages of solid campaign material in the core book. However, to be honest, these do not form a set narrative, but are rather building blocks that you can use in you campaign in the way you like. This is only the core rulebook, after all. :)

Coming expansions will have an even heavier focus on detailed campaign material with a set narrative. The first major expansion (which we are working on now) contains a complete campaign designed to last 10-15 sessions. This campaigns stands alone but also connects to the metaplot of the core game, and to the individual campaigns in coming expansions as well, forming a huge campaign arc large enough for years of intense gameplay. The core book is just the beginning! :)
Fria Ligan

cocolebelge
Topic Author

Sun 11 Jan 2015, 00:48

Thanks for the answer!
Looks really good :)

regards

:twisted:

cocolebelge
Topic Author

Thu 02 Jul 2015, 22:06

Hi Tomas,

I am back and seeking for news about the campaign you were talking about. Any updates?

I have to congratulate you for the great game. Bought it few days ago and love the setting, the easy rules with nice fealing. I will probably make a few tweaks on my side.

Starting a game in the next days. Tomorrow we will create the player's Ark and characters.
As for the adventure or campaign I guess I will use some of the tools proposed in the book but I will on my side create a more detailled story driven scenario.

I am not sure also how I will use the threat cards. Probably we will draw cards at the end of a session. This will give me time to prepare stuff for the next session. I also like the idea of: In the next episode of Mutant Year 0 you will have to deal with.... blabla.

Thanks for the great game. Hope one day I will be able to put my hands on a french book!

:mrgreen:

Cocolebelge

Peter

Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:40

As for the adventure or campaign I guess I will use some of the tools proposed in the book but I will on my side create a more detailled story driven scenario.
You can definitely dial up or dial down the sandbox element of M0 as you prefer. Although the core game does not come with a very defined core campaign, you can quite easily flesh it out yourself - and rely less on the randomised zone and event tools (i.e. the cards). Upcoming expansions contain even more specfic zone sectors and building blocks - you could quite easily string it together like something quite similar to the Savage World plot point campaigns.

P.s. it seems we are both Brussels based :) Good to see that M0 is being played in the city of the iris !
Check out my BoL heroic migration period hack - Barbarians of the Dark Ages
Kolla mitt ny-klassika BRP-derivat - Monster och Människor

cocolebelge
Topic Author

Fri 03 Jul 2015, 19:43

You can definitely dial up or dial down the sandbox element of M0 as you prefer. Although the core game does not come with a very defined core campaign, you can quite easily flesh it out yourself - and rely less on the randomised zone and event tools (i.e. the cards). Upcoming expansions contain even more specfic zone sectors and building blocks - you could quite easily string it together like something quite similar to the Savage World plot point campaigns.

P.s. it seems we are both Brussels based :) Good to see that M0 is being played in the city of the iris !

Great we could meet on the occasion have a drink or a game ;) or both!