nerdvana
Topic Author

Slave vs Worker

Sun 29 Apr 2018, 22:01

I'm contemplating changing the Slave Role to Worker. Workers can be slaves still but the "slave" state is not implicit in the role if the name is changed. Has anyone else considered and/or implemented this in their games? How did it work out if so?

Fenhorn

Re: Slave vs Worker

Sun 29 Apr 2018, 23:07

Slave has a very powerful specialty skill. The conwith being a slave is that you are a slave. That will (or should at least) affect any type of social interactions. At least with your own ark. So if you think it is fine that slave doesn't have that con do it.

I asked my players if they wanted to have slaves in the ark and they said no, so we don't have that role in the players ark but there are other arks and they might be slavers. In fact my players have met some mutants from another ark. So if any of my players wants to play a slave they might now do so. He simply is a runaway from the other ark. The con in this case is that any social interactions with that ark will be really bad (they want their property back).

This way, it is still a disadvantage to play slave, because it will be difficult to maintain good relationship with the other ark (the slave's ark), but at the same time the players can act normally (or as normal players can act) in their own ark. Also this might also lead to some interesting adventures.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

DruidGamer

Mon 14 May 2018, 11:54

My group has renamed the Role to Serf (all else remains the same with the additional requirement that the PC starts “in debt” to a Boss/Big Boss).  Slaves exist in the Zone but can be any Role (or even “no role”).  A Serf remains “in debt” until they buy the Talent that lets them choose a new Role (Jack of all trades, I think?).  Slaves on the other hand remain so until they are freed or escape somehow.  It was primarily done for PC free will & player sensibilities.

nerdvana
Topic Author

Mon 14 May 2018, 13:11

My group has renamed the Role to Serf (all else remains the same with the additional requirement that the PC starts “in debt” to a Boss/Big Boss).  Slaves exist in the Zone but can be any Role (or even “no role”).  A Serf remains “in debt” until they buy the Talent that lets them choose a new Role (Jack of all trades, I think?).  Slaves on the other hand remain so until they are freed or escape somehow.  It was primarily done for PC free will & player sensibilities.
This is something I'm going to borrow. Matches what I was considering very well. Thanks