islan
Topic Author

More uses for Endure?

Thu 08 Feb 2018, 17:37

As far as I can tell, the only clear-cut use for Endure is to resist cold weather (with a very vague use for bad weather).  In other words, it is only used if your campaign takes place through winter, while weather effects aren't even mentioned in the Zone Travel chapter.  I feel like it ought to be used to resist Fatigue from travel and other forms of exhaustion in some way.

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: More uses for Endure?

Thu 08 Feb 2018, 23:42

Hi!

Endure is also used for forced marches and to resist poison and disease.
Fria Ligan

KalleFridholm

Fri 09 Feb 2018, 10:21

You can also use it for a scorching hot summer day in the zone when you have to pass an endurance test in order to move around during day light, at night other stuff rises in the zone... Or throw acid rain in their path, they have to find shelter or endure in order to move on. Or a wildfire, move through a swamp in order to reach the interesting looking ruin on the horizon etc.

Use weather and stuff in your narrative in order to put obstacles in the players way. If they fail you can give them conditions like dehydrated or what´s appropiate to the phenomenon they encounter.

Atomics

Tue 10 Apr 2018, 20:49

Other uses I've used:
Resisting Pain/Torture
Holding Your Breath

Note that moving through a Zone Sector of rough terrain requires an Endure roll.