Attidos
Topic Author

Rules for Threat Level

Wed 16 Aug 2017, 16:09

Hello everyone, I'm going to play M:Y0 in a few days but there is still sometihng I don't understand and I was not able to find the answer on this forum.

Once you decide the Threat Level of a sector you can roll a number of dice equal to the Threat Level (+3 if night time), a RAD equals to a succes and if there is at least a BIO there is a threat in the sector and the more BIO the more dangerous it is. Then, the rules refer to the next point but in don't see it int the point.

Can you explain me what is the difference between 1 BIO and 3 BIO ? More ennemis ? Stronger ennemies ?

Thanks for replying.

Fenhorn

Re: Rules for Threat Level

Wed 16 Aug 2017, 16:43

What I do here is that I treat every BIO as one threat. One threat is a balanced (p140) humanoid group or one monster. The second BIO rolled, I either roll up a second threat or add to the first threat. When adding to a humanoid threat, I simply add one extra balanced group. If it is a monster, I could add another monster if the monster is small, but normally I add one Strength point to the threat. If I add more humanoids or monsters thanks to this, I don't always present all the members of the threat at once. Some may come in later as reinforcement or during the night if the players decide to rest there. I usually give clues to the players if I add more enemies. 
For example: A player group of four encounter a threat of enemy mutants (probably 3-5 of them). But after the battle, they found the camp that the enemy mutants had and they see nine beds. More of these idiots are out here somewhere. Perhaps the players need to do some additional scouting and/or prepare for a sneak attack.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Attidos
Topic Author

Wed 16 Aug 2017, 21:05

Thanks for the clarification, its clear now !

Doctor KoT

Thu 01 Nov 2018, 10:38

Isn't "each RAD=one artifact" threat rule is way too much for artifacts as rare and priceless treasures?
I mean "any RADs=one artifact" is more suitable, no?

Fenhorn

Thu 01 Nov 2018, 11:03

Isn't "each RAD=one artifact" threat rule is way too much for artifacts as rare and priceless treasures?
I mean "any RADs=one artifact" is more suitable, no?
I usually create the sectors before the session. I do roll the threat roll (and any sub-rolls) but I adjust the results so it make sense. If I rolled up to many artifacts in one sector, I usally add some extra fancy scrap, extra bullets or something instead.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore