mbrunet
Topic Author

Mutation activation

Wed 29 Mar 2017, 16:19

Hi,

I've got a question about the luminescence mutation. The third ability say " briefly bend the light around you,...", my question is does it cost a MP even if the ability says nothing about it?
same question for the corpse-eater ability " eat raw meat, even several days...".

Thanks

Fenhorn

Re: Mutation activation

Wed 29 Mar 2017, 21:10

All mutation effects cost at least one MP to use.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

mbrunet
Topic Author

Wed 29 Mar 2017, 21:25

yeah I tought so, but every ability have a cost except those two. like other ability have in the, cost 1 MP. so i'm pretty sure i wouldn't take 1 + 1 but just 1 MP to activate those one. But the issue is that those doesn't have anything on them. is it a printing error?

Fenhorn

Wed 29 Mar 2017, 22:57

Yes it is a printing error. In the Swedish edition it is stated that it cost 1 MP to "flee" with luminescence and 1 MP for each "ration" eaten with corpse-eater.

mbrunet
Topic Author

Wed 29 Mar 2017, 23:03

Thank you sir, you were very helpful.

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 30 Mar 2017, 09:49

Well, not really an error as such - the rulebook (page 69) clearly states that using a mutation always costs at least 1 MP. But sure, having it on the card too is even clearer.
Fria Ligan

Fenhorn

Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:35

Can't be that clear since I have answered question about mutations and MP more than once (or twice, thrice, etc). I said it was a printing error since in the Swedish version (regardless of edition) the various MP costs is written in the mutation descriptions. I do remember that this was an issue mostly in the English 1st edition where most mutation effects that costed 1 MP didn't say so that they did. In the 2nd Edition this was clarified so, like in the Swedish rulebook, the various costs (including if it costs just 1 MP) is stated in the mutation descriptions (apparently not in all mutation descriptions).

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:51

Didn't mean to offend you Fenhorn. :)

Just wanted to say that it was not an error as such, as the rulebook (even the first edition) clearly states that a mutation point is always needed to activate a mutation. I do agree that printing it on the card as well would have been even clearer.
Fria Ligan

Fenhorn

Thu 30 Mar 2017, 13:34

I don't talk about cards, I talk about the rulebook(s). I know that the rules in the beginning of the Mutation chapter states that it always cost MP to use a mutation. However it does not state how much MP they cost. In the Swedish version, how much is written in the mutation descriptions, in the 1st English version they where written if they cost more than one or had varied cost, not if they only cost one. In the 2nd English version, the actual cost was added in the Mutation descriptions for the 1 MP cost mutations as well, except for some mutations.

Regardless, the issue is solved.